Aquarium and Crystal Caves Kings Wharf, Bermuda / 4 hours

MACE

We'll be in Bermuda end of August on RCI.

We have a $100 Credit ($50 for each Cabin) towards an Excursion and saw the Aquarium and Crystal Caves @ $267.98 for two paxs, with our credit, brings it down to $167.98 (I reserved it, it's still sitting in my Cart)

Any recommendations for the same tour we can purchase from vendors @ Kings Wharf, that might be better, not as crowded on the bus, and cost a little bit less, and might be more of a personable experience?

BTW, how close is the Aquarium to the Chrystal Caves? Should we just get a "bus pass" for the day, and do it on our own to both attractions?

Thanks in Advance!

Edited by MACE

Do it on your own and save a lot of money. Take the ferry to Hamilton, the #10 or 11 bus from Hamilton to Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo, then after you're done get back on a #10 or 11 bus to the caves. You can return either by reversing your route...#10 or 11 as well as #1 or 3 to Hamilton and ferry to Dockyard, or continuing on #10 or 11 (or 1 or 3) to St. George and the ferry from St. George to Dockyard. A one day transportation pass, good on all buses and ferries is $19 per adult. Adult admission to BAMZ is $10, a combination ticket for both caves is $35 per person. So for $64 per person you can do this on your own.

I assume the reference to 4 hours in the title is the length of your cruise line excursion. You really don't have enough time to do the tour on your own and spending sufficient time at the attractions in 4 hours. 

Doing it on your own you can make a stop for lunch at the famous Swizzle Inn, which is across the street from the caves.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, serene56 said:

You can on ly use Onboard credit after you board the ship.   You will have to wait to book the excursion once onboard

The OP is on Royal Caribbean and I can't speak to their current policies for excursion OBC use, but on NCL if you have excursion-specific OBC it is possible to book an excursion in advance via phone call to their excursion desk without having to pay for it in advance and then the excursion will be charged to your account and the OBC will be applied to your account once you're on board. It's not inconceivable that Royal Caribbean allows you to do something similar...but again, I don't know their current policy.

We were in Bermuda on June 7th and the 4 of us took a taxi from King’s Wharf directly to the Caves.  The taxi for the 4 of us was $64 and took approximately 45 minutes.  Sadly, we did not get to see the caves because they had a power outage and weren’t sure how long it would be until the power was back on.  So then we decided to take a taxi from the Caves to downtown Hamilton to shop.  That taxi ride was $24 for the 4 of us.

I know that it would be cheaper to use public transportation but my husband and son have really bad motion sickness so they do better in a smaller vehicle vs a large bus.  Plus we liked the convenience of the taxis.  We did not have to wait for a scheduled time.

Edited by 2specialkidsforme
  • Like 1