Vancouver to Hawaii on the Ovation

Set to set to Hawaii via Vancouver on a 10 day cruise sailing September 20, 2019.  I have several question that I know my fellow cruisers can answer: (1) how many formal days on a 10 day cruise; (2) this will be my first sailing on the Pacific Ocean so I’m a little concern about sea sickness.  Is it common for the ocean to be rough.  I’ve only sailed the Caribbean & have been fortunate to have only encountered 1 rough sailing.  (3) how’s the entertainment on the Ovation?  With 5 days cruising my significant other loves to be entertained (give me a good book & lounge chair & I’m happy).  (4) we’ve booked an obstructed balcony, 7628.  If anyone has stayed in this cabin I would love to know the extent of the obstruction.  Thank you.

My wife and I sailed from Honolulu to Vancouver on the May 2nd sailing on the Ovation.

2) this will be my first sailing on the Pacific Ocean so I’m a little concern about sea sickness

The ocean was smooth to small chop most of the way.  One day in the open ocean the wind was blowing 30+ knots across the bow.  That would put the wind at your back going the other way.  One thing to keep in mind is that the water temp of the Pacific is cool to cold until you get even with lower Baja California.  This means the outside temp may range from the 50's to 60's for the first 3 days on the open ocean, perhaps 4.  It might rain part of the time too.  However, the Ovation has several really good indoor spaces with open views as you are probably aware, including Club 270.

(3) how’s the entertainment on the Ovation? 

Multiple major productions with about 24 cast members, 2 sets of female singers, 1 male pop singer, Jimmy Hopper (who was terrific IMHO, noting that taste in music is subjective), an Aerosmith cover band, comedian, magician, pick-pocket expert.  There were 2 or 3 matinee performances with different material in addition to the primary evening entertainment.  Plus, there were the live bands that performed in the bar & cabaret spaces.  

Enjoy your cruise.