? on One Day Sale

betsyrossapk

We were lucky enough to get reservations during Carnival's One Day Sale for our upcoming cruise. Can anyone tell me how often they have these sales? Is it just one time per year? I would like to keep a lookout for booking a future cruise & wondered.

Thanks! icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

Inspiration: 11/4/04

Seems to me that they have them pretty regularly. A couple times a month if not weekly.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg

bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

Yeah, they come pretty darn regularly......good thing, huh? :P

Militant Breastfeeding & Homebirth Proponent-Sandra Carmichael

Mardi Gras 6/79

Mardi Gras 6/79

(back to back cruises)

Celebration 8/02

Splendour of the Seas 3/03

Jubilee 7/03

Conquest 1/04

Celebration 1/04

Elation 2/04

Elation *coming again* 1/05

The sale was a couple weeks ago. I get teh emails too, but I haven't seen anything like the one day sale in a while. They always seem to be for a cruise that leaves in three days, so they can fill the ship. That sale was for almost any cruise. I think they are much less frequent.

Triumph

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2005;3;12;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Glory 8/03

Imagination 2/01

Ecstasy

Fantasy

Carnivale

Are the savings significant, worth waiting for, or mostly a way to unload slow-selling cruises? Sorry for the silly questions, but we're getting ready to book our next cruise and I'm wondering should we wait for one of these sales?

Dream 04

Sky 03

Fantasy 98

Ecstasy 91

Norway 89

Life is good

All I know is that the one-day sale had no effect on the price of my December cruise. There are quite a few restrictions. From the looks of some of the posts I have seen some people get decent upgrades, but only if they get around all the exceptions.

Striped_fish.gif

"Semper Gumby" - Always Flexible

12/01 - Victory (Victory Review)

2/04 - Fascination (Fascination Review)

It's a Miracle! Cruising on the Miracle 12/12/04!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;12;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

You can get the e-mails by registering on www.carnival.com

There are 2 types of specials - One day sales with free highest category upgrades and specials on slow selling cruises. Lately there have been a lot of specials on slow selling cruises.

Sovereign of the Seas (11/89)

Monarch of the Seas (8/99)

Norwegian Sea (7/02)

Carnival Glory (4/17/04)

Now the downside to the one day sale. We booked on the Victory (5/23/04 sailing) on the day of the sale. We booked a Cat 4A and were upgraded to a 4F. Since the date we booked we've watched the prices drop an average of 10% in every category. When we questioned Carnival about a shipboard credit or a refund on our credit card we were told no because we have a category 4F. Remember we purchased a cat 4A.

Here's the reality of the one day sale. Carnival knows exactly when rates will rise and fall and exactly what months are less demand. What they actually did was have a book a Cat 4F under the pretense of a 'free upgrade" knowing full well that by the sailing date approximatly what the prices for each category would be.

The moral of the story is stay away from the "one day sale"!!! The best way to control your own cost is to keep watching the prices before you book.

We're now out about $125 based on the 10$ decrease that has occured across the board. That's a lot of beers on the ship!!! haha

good cruising to all.

Bernie

2/01 Carnival Esctasy

10/01 Carnival Triumph

5/02 RCCL Majesty Of The Seas

12/02 RCCL Explorer

9/03 Carnival Pride

5/04 Carnival Victory

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FF0000&cdt=2004;5;23;4;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Jeannie1962- that situation happens anytime a cruise price gives you a "free" automatic upgrade. Even though you paid for the lower price, your cabin is in a higher category so you need to compare the pricing for that category. For example. You book a 6a for $100 (how I wish!) and get a 6d with a value of $200. In order for you to get a credit or whatever because prices went down, you have to be lower than the $200 because that was the value you booked at. You are now looking at 6d prices not 6a. I booked at a 6a price and could have upgraded to 6d. I decided to only upgrade to 6b. I checked the value of 6b at that time and that is what I compare prices to. the 6b has to go down for me gain anything. I hope this all makes sense. Sometimes it is not worth upgrading to the highest deck in your category unless that deck is what you truly want.

Mardi Gras 4/1988

NCL Norway 8/1990

Sensation 8/1996

Sensation 4/9/2000

Paradise 2/1/2002

Triumph 1/31/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;9;5;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

9/5 Paradise- Panama Canal

I did book the one day sale & was able to get a 6D for the price of a 6A ($429). That's a 3 level upgrade & even if I purchased an OV guarantee that was $30 less, the 6D was the highest OV level on my ship, other than the suite prices. So... right now if I look at the current 6D prices on my trip, that cabin is currently $90 higher. I figure I've saved $180 plus the free upgrade, so I am happy w/that.

Imagination: 11/4/04

You need to register on the Carnival website, then click on the link at the top of the home page for "My Profile". You'll then be asked to sign in. Then you will get a welcome message and an "Update Profile" link. Near the bottom of your profile is a box to check to receive special offers and news.

Stan

Next up:

Carnival Miracle 5/9/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 1994

RCCL Viking Serenade 1997

RCI Grandeur of the Seas 2002

RCI Radiance of the Seas 2002

HAL Zaandam 2003<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

Archived