Sunrise: Aft - Facing Cabin Balconies....Questions?

dongordon

21 minutes ago, dongordon said:

Are the Balconies on all the decks the same size?

Not sure what you mean by that, but all balconies (with the exceptions of suites and aft-facing) are of the same size. However, if you are talking about aft-facing balconies only, then I believe they are of equal size. 

6 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Not sure what you mean by that, but all balconies (with the exceptions of suites and aft-facing) are of the same size. However, if you are talking about aft-facing balconies only, then I believe they are of equal size. 

Yes, I'm only talking about the Aft-Facing balconies.

What I meant was sometimes the way the back of the ship is built, the balconies can be longer or wider.

On some of the NCL ships, different decks have different size balconies in length/width.

Also, if the back of the ship is concave, the balconies towards the middle are sometimes smaller. 

It was difficult to determine the balcony size on the deck plans, although the two end aft facing cabins are usually suites, thus the balconies are much larger.

14 hours ago, dongordon said:

Yes, I'm only talking about the Aft-Facing balconies.

What I meant was sometimes the way the back of the ship is built, the balconies can be longer or wider.

On some of the NCL ships, different decks have different size balconies in length/width.

Also, if the back of the ship is concave, the balconies towards the middle are sometimes smaller. 

It was difficult to determine the balcony size on the deck plans, although the two end aft facing cabins are usually suites, thus the balconies are much larger.

All of the aft-balconies are NOT the same size.  I am booked on the Radiance, that once after it's dry dock will look very similar to the Sunrise.  We are booked in 5344, which is 213/169 sq ft and category 8M.  Next door to it is 5346, also an 8M, but only 213/100 sq ft.  I had looked at deck plans and knew that when I booked it.

8 hours ago, ugagal07 said:

All of the aft-balconies are NOT the same size.  I am booked on the Radiance, that once after it's dry dock will look very similar to the Sunrise.  We are booked in 5344, which is 213/169 sq ft and category 8M.  Next door to it is 5346, also an 8M, but only 213/100 sq ft.  I had looked at deck plans and knew that when I booked it.

How did you find out the difference in the size of the balconies?

When I looked at the deck plans on the Sunrise, the two end aft facing cabins were Grand Suites but the others on Deck 5 looked exactly the same.

Perhaps the Radiance  is different compared to the Sunrise and the Sunshine which were sister ships before their renovation.

Don

3 minutes ago, dongordon said:

How did you find out the difference in the size of the balconies?

When I looked at the deck plans on the Sunrise, the two end aft facing cabins were Grand Suites but the others on Deck 5 looked exactly the same.

Perhaps the Radiance  is different compared to the Sunrise and the Sunshine which were sister ships before their renovation.

Don

Radiance is the third in the same class as Sunrise and Sunshine.

Google go ccl deck plans and you can see part of the TA website created by carnival. It has state room dimensions, ship highlights, and a few different formats for deck plans. 

The Sunshine doesn’t have all the aft balconies that Sunrise does it that Radiance will have. Radiance and Sunrise have the most similar deck plans it looks like.