Birthday Celebration on Board

Hi all! We are going on the July 14 of Allure and can't wait! July 14 is my younger daughter's birthday (10!) and I purchased the room decor/cake package because I know how much she will love opening the door to her room (separate room for her and her big sister) and finding that. When we booked the cruise, they asked me if we were celebrating anything special and I did say it was her birthday. On the receipt I have from the booking, under special services, it is noted "birthday celebrate 7/14." What does that mean....will they do something special for her at dinner that night or do I need to say something to them? Thanks for your help!

It usually, but not always, gets communicated to the Maitre d' and Hotel Director. My wife celebrated her birthday on the Oasis this past January, and essentially there was a birthday card delivered with our other documents on her birthday from the HD as well as some stuff from some of the retailers on board (Tiffany's offered her a free ring cleaning and class of sparkling wine). At dinner they had a special slice of cake with a candle for her, but I also made sure to talk to the host earlier that afternoon to make sure they knew it was her birthday. 

Some people have had more done (including a full size cake) some less, it really depends on the HD staff of that particular ship and whether or not the birthday was properly communicated to the shipboard staff from Miami. 

To make sure they sing happy birthday at dinner, definitely make sure the host/hostess knows sometime before. 

Edited by Dajbman22

We have had two 'big number' birthdats on board. Each time, the pre-ordered cake was either not delivered at all or delivered to the stateroom while we were ashore (we had asked for it at our MDR table) and it must have been there hours, as we returned to a sticky gooey mess.

We cruised on my DH birthday in March on the first day of the cruise.  I booked Giovanni's for dinner that night.  I had told TA it was birthday when we booked--but, that was it.  

When we finished dinner they brought him a piece of the red velvet cake they have in Chops with a candle and sang. 

The next night we went to the MDR.  They came out at dessert time with cake and sang to.  They said it was because they missed him the night before.  He got a couple of offers from spa and stores.  They would have been nice if we were already going to purchase these, but they were not enough off to tempt him to go for it. 

It just depends on if the information gets to the crew.  On a couple of other cruises no one said anything at all.

If you want everyone to wish her a happy birthday get her a t-shirt with "birthday girl" on the front.  Everyone will go out of there way to make it a special day for her.