Great day at Horseshoe today

Charles4515

I walked from Warwick to Horseshoe, my Apple Watch shows 55 minutes and 1 mile. Because of seaweed I didn’t stop much in between.  I have rented a chair and umbrella here at Horseshoe. $37, lounger 22 and 15 umbrella. Water is perfect. Never saw seaweed before here but it has been raked off half the beach which means people are congregating on the raked side. The area near the facilities is packed but the beach attendants will place chairs in the less crowded part.  

D14BE005-7182-4B2F-BF22-45B40DEE2488.jpeg

09672E21-90DD-4D47-A770-B3FBAED5230C.jpeg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

Did you see any Portuguese man of wars in the water? Was the water cold? Will be there next week. 

The water is perfect temp. Everyone knows I am a wimp about cool water so that means something. I saw two man o war laying on the beach at Warwick. None at Jobsons, Stonehole or Horseshoe. Lots of seaweed, never saw seaweed on the south shore before but they had it raked off at Horseshoe. I was in the water 4 hours there and no man o war.  I recommend Horseshoe next week. 

Edited by Charles4515

19 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The water is perfect temp. Everyone knows I am a wimp about cool water so that means something. I saw two man o war laying on the beach at Warwick. None at Jobsons, Stonehole or Horseshoe. Lots of seaweed, never saw seaweed on the south shore before but they had it raked off at Horseshoe. I was in the water 4 hours there and no man o war.  I recommend Horseshoe next week. 

Great thank you. 

Thanks for all of the updates! You have helped me previously in planning my day to start at Warwick and travel to Horseshoe as you have done. We don't go until September, so conditions will surely change by then. Our ship departure is 4 pm, what is the latest minibus I should catch back to the Dockyard to allow plenty of time? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, redcruzer said:

$ 22 for ONE lounger or two? So expensive either way

That is for one lounger. Two loungers and an umbrella is $50. They also rent sand chairs for $17. They do carry the chairs to wherever you would like them and they also drill a good hole for the umbrella so it will stay in the sand. 

On 6/14/2019 at 10:55 PM, Carolina Girl 99 said:

Thanks for all of the updates! You have helped me previously in planning my day to start at Warwick and travel to Horseshoe as you have done. We don't go until September, so conditions will surely change by then. Our ship departure is 4 pm, what is the latest minibus I should catch back to the Dockyard to allow plenty of time? 

Hopefully the seaweed will be gone. I would skip the walk between Warwick and Horseshoe if the seaweed is still floating in to the beaches in September. At Horseshoe they clear it off the beach so Horseshoe was great but at Warwick and the in between beaches the clumps were pretty heavy and with the high heat and humidity, with seaweed smell,  the walk was somewhat unpleasant. . 

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:23 PM, LorraineP said:

Did you see any Portuguese man of wars in the water? Was the water cold? Will be there next week. 

I was there on Friday June 14 and saw two on the beach towards the east end. Lots of seaweed, it didn't look like that had cleaned the beach. There was only one ship docked on Friday so the beach was pretty empty and most of the seaweed was by the little cove to the right and towards the east end.