R-Class steam/sauna in locker rooms

BTwurddle

Howdy everyone! Soon to be first time O cruisers here and hopefully converts from Celebrity. We will be sailing on Insignia this fall and were wondering if the changing rooms or locker rooms in the spa feature steam rooms or dry saunas? A video we watched appeared to show both, though small and the deck plans imply there may be both but I cant tell for certain and there is not a surplus of specific information about this online. If anyone has experience or can help I would greatly appreciate it. Although we are sailing on Insignia I would imagine all of the R-class in the Oceania collection will feature the same amenities. Also, if anyone could comment on the current availability or cost of a day or full sailing pass for the spa terrace that would be very much appreciated also. Thank you in advance and happy cruising everyone!

The locker rooms have a very nice aromatherapy steam room as well as showers, lockers, cold sports drinks, grooming items, towels, and bathrobes, all complimentary.

I’m not aware that a pass for the spa Terrace is available. My understanding is that is a benefit for specific cabin categories.

We sailed last year to Cuba on Serenity and, depending on demand, did have the option of buying a 'day pass' for the spa terrace.  I had asked the same question of fellow cruisers in advance of that trip, and was advised by a fellow cruiser that this option was available.  I believe the daily fee was $25, and it was at the discretion of the spa manager, based on the numbers using the facility.  But.... if you purchase a spa service, you are permitted to use the entire spa before of after the treatment, including the terrace.  I had two spa services, and enjoyed them on two different days, so the terrace was available.  My husband joined me one of these days, since he had booked a service through the fitness department.  Having said this, the hot tub on the spa terrace, IMO, was not hot enough, and the entire deck area is a wind tunnel, since you are forward.  The lounge chairs were nice, but not appreciably better than those around the swimming pool.  So, in the absence of a spa treatment, I'm not sure I'd pay the extra fee.   Just my 2 cents.  

For the record: On the Spa Deck of the Marina there are two HOT tubs. On the Spa deck of the R ships no HOT tub exists. Those tubs are therapeutic pools and should not be confused with hot tubs. My experience is those pools typically run in the mid 80s Fahrenheit. However, when sailing in far northern latitudes ( southern also) and night temperatures dip into the 40s and 50s that pool can be/ feel chilly.