Catamaran Tour Options in Costa Maya?

OceansOfTravels

Hello,

We will be cruising to Costa Maya next week, and we are wondering what some catamaran cruise options will be. We could book with MSC, but we are looking to see all of the available options before we solidify our plans. Does anyone have any tour operator recommendations? We don't care whether it's snorkel-based or not, but we take preference to the ones that A) include a beach stop and/or B) offer drinks and/or food. 

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

I believe the ship based excursions are your best bet.  NoHoch Kay offers(offered) access to a smaller sailing cat that goes out for an hour or so. Up to 4 people, was around $200 per boat.  Didn't look all that great to us.  We passed.  But that was several years ago.

There is a motorized cat that goes off the fishing pier. Mainly a drinking/snorkeling tour.  Beach stop is on your own.

There could be others available along the malecon at different beach spots.  But do be careful.  Some of the boats could be old and there are complaints of getting back late; which is avoided via a ship sponsored excursion.

On 6/14/2019 at 8:04 AM, crewsweeper said:

I believe the ship based excursions are your best bet.  NoHoch Kay offers(offered) access to a smaller sailing cat that goes out for an hour or so. Up to 4 people, was around $200 per boat.  Didn't look all that great to us.  We passed.  But that was several years ago.

There is a motorized cat that goes off the fishing pier. Mainly a drinking/snorkeling tour.  Beach stop is on your own.

There could be others available along the malecon at different beach spots.  But do be careful.  Some of the boats could be old and there are complaints of getting back late; which is avoided via a ship sponsored excursion.

You're right, I found the $200 one online, but it isn't motorized, so it isn't appealing to us. MSC offers a $70 tour for 3 hours, and maybe that will be better. I will keep browsing around. You're also right about worrying about the ones from the malecon, so I will keep looking, and if I'm availed no success, I'll just book that one. Thanks!