Adventure of the Seas Food Quality

2 hours ago, MyBrandNewObsession said:

My husband and I try to avoid the buffet as much as possible on any cruise. Can anyone discuss the quality of food in the Adventure MDR for breakfast or Lunch? We have plans to eat in CHOPS one night for our anniversary and the rest of the nights in the MDR for dinner. We are cruising in a few weeks. 

We also try to avoid the buffet as much as possible. When we were on the Adventure last year, the breakfast and lunches in the MDR were good to excellent (sometimes just good - some dishes were excellent). The Tutti salad bar was good - admittedly we've had more selections in the past so this wasn't as excellent as it once was.

I generally find the MDR lunch desserts to be the best on the ship - maybe because they are made in smaller batches or are fresher?

I find with Royal - they do fine with simple food (mashed potatoes, cheese plate, everyday steak, chicken, etc.) but anything that goes off the beaten path (the moussaka, many of the vegetarian dinners, more complex seafood) gets questionable.

For dinner for me on Royal, it's a cheese plate for an appetizer, cheesecake for dessert and something I feel they won't mess up for my entrée.

On 6/19/2019 at 3:19 PM, bananawindnj said:

What  I find ironic is that most people   Probably eat the same foods at home all the time and yet these people complain about the choices in the buffet and MDR.  If some people can't find a different choice in the buffet for 7 to 10 days, they are just too fussy.  Poor quality and cold food is another issue. Shouldn't happen.

Food and entertainment are so subjective 

While I will agree with you that food is subjective, I normally do not eat hamburgers and hot dogs at home.  Adv. of the Seas buffet was not up to the standard found on other RCL ships.  The food selection and quality of the offerings was subpart and left much to be desired.  Day 1 can be excused but not the rest of the days when the same offerings keep repeating even at the snack time.

MARAPRINCE

14 hours ago, Maraprince said:

While I will agree with you that food is subjective, I normally do not eat hamburgers and hot dogs at home.  Adv. of the Seas buffet was not up to the standard found on other RCL ships.  The food selection and quality of the offerings was subpart and left much to be desired.  Day 1 can be excused but not the rest of the days when the same offerings keep repeating even at the snack time.

MARAPRINCE

I don't want to argue this topic with you, but I have read so many posts through the years where people on the same cruise  will say the food was great while others will say they were disappointed. Whether it be the MDR or Windjammer.

14 hours ago, Maraprince said:

MARAPRINCE

I agree that Windjammer offerings tend to be repetitive for breakfast.  However, on our Adventure cruise earlier this year, WJ dinner was very different, every night was a different theme.   Even lunch had a few different options each day, though not nearly as much variety as dinner.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

I agree that Windjammer offerings tend to be repetitive for breakfast.  However, on our Adventure cruise earlier this year, WJ dinner was very different, every night was a different theme.   Even lunch had a few different options each day, though not nearly as much variety as dinner.

I agree, Bob.  I knew every day for lunch there would be fish, chicken, and beef dishes, but they were almost always tasty.  Plus, the roasted veggies were always good.  As I said before, adding the daily pasta sauce made a great ratatouille for me.  Adding sour cream to the beef stews was what Mr. Pcur did, and the Guinness stew was excellent on it's own.  The pizza was good, too.

Even after 34 days I was just beginning to get bored, but I love fish and chicken, so I had more variety than my past-or-beef-or pizza husband!