NCL Jewel Alaska Entertainment

FaithPlus1

I'm right now between doing the Jewel Northbound or a Princess Northbound. This would be my 2nd cruise. Both go to Glacier Bay and I like the itineraries on each (I do slightly prefer NCL's more since you get off at Seward and not Whittier).I was leaning actually on doing the Princess cruise because the food seemed better (no offense to people who think NCL has good fine...to me it was just very hit or miss with mainly misses). However to use the spa facilities cost an additional $150 for Princess and you cannot buy day passes. 

In any case (sorry to ramble), I know Alaska cruises generally have a more mellow and subdued vibe than say a cruise in the Caribbean or Mexico. Is the entertainment on NCL's Alaskan trips just as lively as on their other sailings, or is it more calm? I ask because I'm following a poster who is on the Princess cruise I would take and the entertainment seems zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. That said though, food to me takes priority over entertainment and socializing (I'll be going solo, 34F). 

The production shows 5/27 southbound were fantastic.  Velvet is a musical, and then there was a Cirque type show also with the production cast and singing.  The lead female singer did a solo performance one night and we had Tim Kaminski as our comedian (he's now on vacation).  Then the Cruise Director staff were pretty fun.  Your CD Jake from London was pretty lively and his jr. partner was fun too.  Lots of joking around.  To round them out were Jose, Queena, and Rafael.   Otherwise the lounge bands/guitarist/piano player were more mellow but still really GOOD.