Instrument Storage Options

irrelephant

We are taking a 7 day cruise leaving from Port Canaveral in July.  My daughter will have an expensive tenor saxophone that can't be left in our hot car while we are cruising.  Does anyone know of any climate controlled places that will keep her instrument with us while we cruise?

Thanks!

No idea but if I were in this position I'd Google

Cape Canaveral Music Store .... I did and find a good dozen in the area

One of these might be willing to hold it for you

for example: https://www.eastcoastmusicexchange.com/

problems:

1.  If you aren't driving yourself, getting it there and back ... but it appears you ARE driving

2.  What day does your cruise leave? Many of these I saw in a quick look are only open M-F . . . 

(a/c in you cabin might be the best place for it)

Couple of other options and some thoughts, based on what I’d do if I had to travel with my instrument:

—Does her band or symphony director happen to know another director in the area?

—Her director may also know a professional musician in the area.

If you lucked out with one of these options, then could just drop the instrument there before the cruise. Be sure to pick up a little something as a thank you while on your cruise.

A music store should make certain the instrument is kept in a secure area; they should have claim ticket for you as they would for instrument repairs. If there is a way to lock or secure the case, wherever it’s left, I’d do that to help keep the curious away.

DO make sure the sax is covered insurance wise.

Thank you all for the suggestions!  We live in Ohio, so the chances of her director knowing someone in the area is slim.  My husband found a place in the Orlando airport--probably similar to the Orlando Baggage Storage.  I really like the idea of seeing if a music store will hold it-- I found one that I plan on calling later today. 

Unfortunately, she needs the whole instrument.  She is visiting family in Michigan now (with the sax) and when she returns, she will be visiting family in Florida with us before catching the cruise.  As soon as the cruise is done, it's on to band camp where she has about 7 songs she needs to have memorized--hence the need to take the instrument on vacation.  Ugh.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

unfortunately this site does not support private messages

I live about 20 miles south of the port (mm/EXIT 181 I-95) and am willing to hold this for you if we can work out details 

If you want to put some contact info on here I'll contact you (but of course hanging such info here is not necessarily a good idea ... perhaps set up a 'use it once' GMAIL name)  or go to  NORTHAMERICANMOTORING.COM and I'm there with same user name and they DO support messages. You can join there and send me a msg with an e-mail and I'll get back to you.

dd was a band kid ..... we were 'band parents' riding the bus, selling refreshments at games to raise $, chap'rones for the end of season trips to Universal Studios ....

• Like 2

Be aware the storage offered at Orlando Airport is actually a service that picks up the item and takes it to a local storage facility. We were not comfortable with having our luggage at a storage facility that is why we opted to store our bags at Orlando Baggage Storage. They have a store at the Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores Outlet Mall. We dropped off the luggage at their store so we could check it out and had them delivered our luggage to the airport after our cruise.