Temperature at sea-Elation

o-state girl

I am cruising on the Elation Feb. 2 and wondered if anyone who had sailed out of Galveston lately could tell me what the temperature at sea might be. I don't know whether to pack more capri pants and short sleeves, or long pants and sleeves. I don't want to get too chilly or too hot. Any advice is appreciated.

I haven't been on her since 2003 so I can't say for sure but I will say that I remember the inside of the ship being sort of cold--and I'm *never* cold. No matter what you do, I would pack at least an extra sweater or pullover or something. My mom cruised on the Conquest January 8th and said that temps outside the ship ranged in the 70's (ports, deckside, etc) and it's basically the same area you'll be going.

Hi Jennifer,

I just got off the Elation on 1/14. The first day at sea was really warm and we wore shorts and t-shirts all day and laid out by the pool. However, the last day at sea a cold front came through - it was really cloudy and cold. We had each packed one pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt and I was glad we did. Also, the inside of the ship can get a little chilly at times. I would say as long as you have a sweatshirt and/or a long sleeve tee you should be okay. :)

PS Have a great cruise!!! She's a beautiful ship!

I was on the Elation too the week of January 9 - 14 and my experience with the temp was the same...the only day that you wouldn't have been comfortable wearing shorts was the Friday when we returned to Galveston.

My first cruise...definitely not my LAST!

We just got off the Elation on January 5th. I tend to always be cold. I took long sleeve shirts and long pants for everyday except for the days at Cozumel and Progresso, I wore shorts on those days. I spent most most of my time indoors though and it was kinda chilly. Most of the people outside were wearing shorts from the second day on.

In mid-December the temperature was low enough that it was pretty uncomfortable to sit out during sailaway and during the first day and the last day at sea we could sit on deck out of the sun...but only if we were at the mid-ship pool where it's walled in and fairly sheltered and if we had long sleeved t-shirts and jeans or pants. If we had been early enough to score chairs in the sun we could have done shorts. But once we got to Progreso and to Coz it was actually hot! Bring a good variety of clothes. Maybe consider washing a load of clothes if you have to but I would rather be safe than sorry.

Archived