Parking at Port of Miami for Carnival Horizon

crazyboys

We are on the 11-16-19 Horizon Cruise and have decided to use the POM parking garage close to the terminal and just walk across to the terminal. The cost is $22 per night, but will be worth it to not have to depend on the timeliness of  shuttle buses. I just learned today that they do not take advanced reservations for the parking garage, so my question is to those that have used this venue to park. Is there ample parking in the garage or will we have to get there early to secure a spot to park in the garage? I know that we need to allow time for the parking garage to empty as people disembark from the prior cruise, but how long should we wait or what is the best time to arrive? Any help would be helpful. Thank you all.

Hard to predict.  Depends on when prior cruise passengers disembark.

We've gotten there at 10:15 A and found a spot on the first floor.  We've also gotten  there at 10:45A and didn't find a spot until the 4th floor. But I would try to target around 10:30ish, you may have to wait in line to check in, but at least you'll find a spot.  You can generally pull up around that time and get a porter to take your checked luggage, then head for the garage.

It's been a couple of years.  We parked at the port because all the reviews of off-site parking made me think the car wouldn't be there when we got back, and had been burnt by a stay and cruise hotel before (well, not the hotel, but getting to the port from the hotel - ended up parking at the port anyway).

We got there around 10am when we parked there and had no issues.   I can't remember if I dropped the family and bags off and want to park or how that all worked, but I remember just pulling into the deck and parking a couple levels up.  I do recall it being a little bit of a nightmare with the traffic - it reminded me of the airport - you have people picking up and dropping off in the same general area and you had to sit there a bit waiting for your moment to move.