Lautoka, Fiji

dalibi

Any ideas about what to do in port?   I read behind the shops there is a beach that you can walk to?   Can anyone confirm this?  Name of beach so I can google earth location?

Princess have a bus to town?  Thanks for your help!

The beach within walking distance in Lautoka is filthy- garbage strewn all over and the water muddy. But there is a wonderful market behind the business district. Lots of local handicrafts and souvenirs, and restaurants with local food. There is a small hotel about 10 minute taxi ride away with a nice beach and a place you could have lunch and a beer. First Landing Resort- it was very clean with great service. They may even offer a day pass.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 5:18 PM, Petoonya said:

The beach within walking distance in Lautoka is filthy- garbage strewn all over and the water muddy. But there is a wonderful market behind the business district. Lots of local handicrafts and souvenirs, and restaurants with local food. There is a small hotel about 10 minute taxi ride away with a nice beach and a place you could have lunch and a beer. First Landing Resort- it was very clean with great service. They may even offer a day pass.

You can definitely get a day pass at First Landing but when we went it was part of a private tour we organised on the wharf when docked.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 7:42 AM, banzaii said:

You can definitely get a day pass at First Landing but when we went it was part of a private tour we organised on the wharf when docked.

Can you share the name of the private tour group you used?  Thank you!  

12 hours ago, zeppysky said:

Can you share the name of the private tour group you used?  Thank you!  

I will see if I can dig it out of my records.

When you dock in Lautoka, there will be dozens of operators offering tours.  Tell them you want to go on a short guided tour then go to First Landing. Some one should point you in the right direction.

• 6 months later...