Add on a. Drink package.

Blm03

Usually they have a table set up on Day 1 to add beverage packages. It will be in an obvious place.

If I recall correctly there may be some tax savings  buying pretrip.

I bought it onboard for my first NCL cruise and almost did the same for my teen nephew a few years ago but he declined saying the drinks in the buffet were close to the teen club and he didn't need the package. 

Remember it won't cover anything from your in room minibar. Just served beverages (restaurants and bars).

Individual soft drinks are about $3-4 if paying a la carte. 

Iced tea and lemonade are complimentary at meals and in buffet. Probably at bars too. But I never tried to order one there.

Edited by Nola26

11 hours ago, Nola26 said:

Usually they have a table set up on Day 1 to add beverage packages. It will be in an obvious place.

If I recall correctly there may be some tax savings  buying pretrip.

I bought it onboard for my first NCL cruise and almost did the same for my teen nephew a few years ago but he declined saying the drinks in the buffet were close to the teen club and he didn't need the package. 

Remember it won't cover anything from your in room minibar. Just served beverages (restaurants and bars).

Individual soft drinks are about $3-4 if paying a la carte. 

Iced tea and lemonade are complimentary at meals and in buffet. Probably at bars too. But I never tried to order one there.

Okay, dumb question. The husband and I have the drink package.  Does that include the minibar in the room?

28 minutes ago, Blm03 said:

Okay, dumb question. The husband and I have the drink package.  Does that include the minibar in the room?

That's why I think if it as served beverages, no mini bar or vending machine purchases.

Edited by Nola26

1 hour ago, Blm03 said:

NCL: Does not include: Wine and Spirit Experiences, tastings or Flights, Starbucks, Ice Bars, room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.

55 minutes ago, habc said:

Can I ask the room steward to empty the fridge?

While the mini bar will be emptied the contents are not removed from the room. They could be in a pillow case in a closet, drawer etc so it's something to be aware of if you have kids and you leave them alone

My experience has been that as long as there is someone in your party present who has the beverage package perk, they will give you unlimited fountain soda and don't care if it is for someone who doesn't have a beverage package.  This is both in bars and restaurants.  The only time your kids or another family member would need the soda package is if they are trying to order without you present, or if no one in your party has a beverage package.