Gala night dress code

Janet&Carl

I am sorry I am sure this question has been asked a million times before. (I did look back a few pages and googled but to no avail) We are leaving from Venice on the Costa Victoria.  I don't want to underdress or overdress and would like to know what to expect.  My previous experience with an Italian line leaving from Italy was Gala night was all glitz and glamour and I felt like a frump.  

So I would like to know what to expect - dress wise - for gala night.

Your help is appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by Janet&Carl

Costa are going away from the original formal nights to Gala nights, which is basically 'Smart' although about 25% still dress up, (including me & my Tux) you will not be out of place regardless of what you wear. Last cruise table of eight two gents in  a tux, three jacket & tie, one in jeans & two just had a polo shirt, the Ladies all where dressed up.

There may also be a 'White night' & if you are lucky an Italian night (red white & green).

These normally are on sea days or early departures.

I am an old fashioned cruiser and miss the really nice formal night when we could spend a little time chatting & spending time with our well dressed table companion's.