Vista Repair News - Upcoming Cruises Cancelled

Lee Cruiser

21 hours ago, Hobiedallas said:

What are your thoughts on the Bliss? I've heard nothing but good about it, but I'm always interested in getting more information.

I sail both Carnival and NCL, I like them both they both have good and bad points, but if I am on a Cruise I make the best of it, and always have a good time.  I have sailed on both the Vista and the Bliss and I think I prefer the Bliss over the Vista.  In fact I will be sailing the Bliss to Alaska on 7-14-19 out of Seattle.  The observation lounge on the Bliss is awesome in fact I opted for a balcony room on the same level.  I do not have anything bad to say about the Bliss and think you will be very happy with your cruise.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 9:08 AM, Lee Cruiser said:

I know some will be more, but our airline tickets are rarely over $200 for a round trip.  Assuming that the $200 Carnival is giving covers that cost, what else would there be that the insurance would cover?  

Wow, I haven't gotten under $200/per person round trip tickets pretty much ANYWHERE in more than a decade. I'm sure it's the cities I fly to, but if I can find anything under $300 I think I'm doing great!

11 minutes ago, DukeASUGirl said:

Wow, I haven't gotten under $200/per person round trip tickets pretty much ANYWHERE in more than a decade. I'm sure it's the cities I fly to, but if I can find anything under $300 I think I'm doing great!

We typically fly Southwest from Nashville (sometimes Birmingham) to MCO or FLL.  Keep an eye out for good sales.  Been fortunate the last several years.

11 hours ago, Ahays00 said:

Crab cake in the steakhouse was awesome

I will concur on this point.  The Salmon with creamed leeks there was fantastic, as was the filet and shrimp (surf 'n turf).  Yes, I ate at Cagney's twice!

On 6/20/2019 at 12:55 PM, Hobiedallas said:

What are your thoughts on the Bliss? I've heard nothing but good about it, but I'm always interested in getting more information.

I came to this section to see what info there was on what the issue with Vista was (hey, that kind of stuff interests me) but my last cruise was on the Bliss.  It's a beautiful ship, in my opinion.  The Observation lounge, as noted by another poster, is a definite highlight.  I ate at specialty restaurants 3x, those were great.  I thought the food overall was good.  I didn't do it, but lots of people say to check out The Local (deck 7, just aft of the forward elevators) for breakfast, they say it's a much better option than the buffet.

If someone is organizing the roll call and gets the ship on board for a meet and greet, NCL rolls out the red carpet.  They close a venue to the private event, serve mimosas and a few different appetizers and have a meet with some of the important officers and managers on the ship.  At least that's what they did on my cruise.

The Bliss IS a "mega ship" though.  If that's not your cup of tea, you might consider a different ship if possible.

• Like 1