Theme dress nights on Vision Medetiranean cruise

11 minutes ago, livylotte said:

There is currently a live from a 12 night Vision Med thread on these boards.  Looking at the Cruise Compass's that have been posted so far there has been a White night and a 70's night.

How do I find that thread?  I’ve looked through posts on Royal Caribbean’s board and can’t find it. I’m new to this site. 😬

7 minutes ago, asanjenis said:

How do I find that thread?  I’ve looked through posts on Royal Caribbean’s board and can’t find it. I’m new to this site. 😬

You would use the search function for "Vision":

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2669297-live-vision-med-and-greek-isles-611-23/?do=findComment&comment=57636009

Hi! On Vision 12-night right now and this is from our cruise Compass. 

Day 1 - Casual Attire

Day 2 - Formal Night

Day 3 - Casual

Day 4 - Smart Casual

Day 5 - White Attire (Day of Santorini)

Day 6 - Casual

Day 7 - Casual

Day 8 - Formal Night

Day 9 - Casual / 70s Night (Last day at sea)

Day 10 - Casual

Day 11 - Casual

Day 12 - Casual

Hope this helps you!

1 hour ago, aring75 said:

Hi! On Vision 12-night right now and this is from our cruise Compass. 

Day 1 - Casual Attire

Day 2 - Formal Night

Day 3 - Casual

Day 4 - Smart Casual

Day 5 - White Attire (Day of Santorini)

Day 6 - Casual

Day 7 - Casual

Day 8 - Formal Night

Day 9 - Casual / 70s Night (Last day at sea)

Day 10 - Casual

Day 11 - Casual

Day 12 - Casual

Hope this helps you!

This is great!!! Thank you!!!

I just carefully looked through all my Cruise Compass for my May 18th Med/Greece and there was nothing about themed nights and was pretty sure we would have noticed any onboard our itinerary....Seems like you can never be sure from one sail to the next. However our itinerary was a bit different than the one some are on right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Slightly off topic, but related.  In the past when we have cruised in Europe, we have found people to be dressed quite nicely in the evenings on board, much more so than on our cruises sailing from the US (Alaska, NE/Canada, Caribbean). People also seemed to get really excited about the theme nights and seemed to really prepare for them. It's been about 5 years since our last cruise out of Europe and I wanted to see if people still found that to be the case. 

Thanks in advance,

amcb

We have gone to many a toga party on Royal in the Mediterranean. I usually bring a few clusters of rubber grapes and some faux ivy, an borrow a tablecloth or two from our waiter and stitch up a couple of costumes in our stateroom.  Otherwise, they provide you with sheets on deck.

We've also seen "Venetian Mask Party" following  Venice, or costume parties in the fall.

Thanks, Travelgrrl, that sounds interesting!  We haven't seen that on any of our Med cruises, but this will be our first time in Venice.  I do recall people going all out for the white party.  

Still curious about people's take on recent dinner attire.  Do people still dress nicer than on US departure cruises? We had only sailed in Europe up to 5 years ago, and were very surprised at the difference in sailing out of US ports.  I realize that 5 years can make a huge difference which is why I'm asking.

🙂 amcb