end of dockyard construction - any recent info

meglet

37 minutes ago, meglet said:

From what I found on line, the government was planning on it being finished in April.  We'll be there at the end of July.  Thanks for any news.

I took these photos last week. The dock is finished. They project the terminal building to be finished in July. What do you think? 😀

09A2B906-F6CF-4138-8F70-8DD97C8FDC0D.jpeg

EC6BF61D-F2B4-48EE-B259-3082CC8C98CB.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515

36 minutes ago, meglet said:

From what I found on line, the government was planning on it being finished in April.  We'll be there at the end of July.  Thanks for any news.

The rebuilding of Kings Wharf was completed on time with the exception of construction of the new customs building. They're using a temporary structure but that won't affect you .

edit: I see Charles has posted a picture of the customs building under construction at the same time I was posting.

Edited by njhorseman

14 minutes ago, meglet said:

Thanks!  Have a corner suite on the Gem at the end of July and hoping a crane won't be right outside the balcony.  First world problems.

I didn’t know you were worried about cranes. There was a crane on the dock. I don’t think they are that close. Plus no telling if the ship will be docked port or starboard. Here are more photos. Usually we have been docked port to dock but this time starboard.

D17F5005-A567-4629-868B-7E2A620DED3E.jpeg

763651F0-D719-45C0-A0AB-2B7239F6AFDF.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515

On 6/21/2019 at 9:01 AM, Charles4515 said:

I took these photos last week. The dock is finished. They project the terminal building to be finished in July. What do you think? 😀

did they specify July of this year?😂

2 hours ago, SuzeCruz1 said:

Charles - thanks for the link.  Public projects do seem to drag on, no matter where in the world they are.   

(By the way, my comment was a joke)

I see now your reply was a joke but that did slip by me when I was replying. 😀  

Many construction projects both public and private no matter where in the world are not completed on time. I think given their past history in Bermuda it was awesome that the dock itself was completed on time. The temporary "tent" they are using for customs until the new building is completed is more than sufficient will not affect cruise passengers. Better than permenant facilities at many ports. So if the new building is not finished this cruise season it is the customs staff that will be inconvenienced.