Fitness Center on Equinox

kat8

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone could give me some more details about the equipment at the fitness center on the Equinox. I'm travelling in August and would love to be able to keep up my routine. Are there squat racks and free weights available? Or just cardio equipment?

Thanks!

Kat

8 hours ago, kat8 said:

Hi everyone, 

I was wondering if anyone could give me some more details about the equipment at the fitness center on the Equinox. I'm travelling in August and would love to be able to keep up my routine. Are there squat racks and free weights available? Or just cardio equipment?

Thanks!

Kat

you can do dumbbell squats, machines are almost always free and you can hit probably all of the main muscle groups with them.  no squat rack at all.  I don't know if the bench's incline, I didn't try that.  I did dumbbells and then the machines, I tried running mutiple times but that was difficult because of the rocky seas.

You can certainly get a workout in, but unless that stuff is what you use, it's pretty hard to be identical to what you have at home.

They have Life fitness brand machines (I think). The basic stuff leg press, extension, curls, abductor, chest press, biceps, triceps push down, lat pull down. They have dumbells and a few benches. One might be an incline bench. No squat rack. Lots of cardio stuff.

You can get a decent workout for sure.