Refund of over payment

MixerDave

I plan on paying for my cruise a couple of months before final payment.  I am going to use a Southwest Airlines credit card to get the miles.  If I can get a better deal with Southwest points, I will cancel EZAir.  My question is, will I get a refund back to my card, or OBC?  If it is OBC, will it be refundable or non refundable.

1 minute ago, MixerDave said:

I plan on paying for my cruise a couple of months before final payment.  I am going to use a Southwest Airlines credit card to get the miles.  If I can get a better deal with Southwest points, I will cancel EZAir.  My question is, will I get a refund back to my card, or OBC?  If it is OBC, will it be refundable or non refundable.

Credit card for EZ Air.

2 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Credit card for EZ Air.

That's what I figured.  Southwest will give us 40,000 miles after charging $1000.  My intent is to pay the whole cruise (about $6500)  use the points accumulated - about 46500, book the flight and the cancel EZAir. (990.00).  When the refund hits, what will Southwest do?

2 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Credit card for EZ Air.

That's what I figured.  Southwest will give us 40,000 miles after charging $1000.  My intent is to pay the whole cruise (about $6500)  use the points accumulated - about 46500, book the flight and the cancel EZAir. (990.00).  When the refund hits, what will Southwest do?

Is this a Chase branded card? If so, your points balance will go negative. Just means you won't accumulate points until you spend enough to bring the balance into the positive.

6 minutes ago, brt49 said:

Is this a Chase branded card? If so, your points balance will go negative. Just means you won't accumulate points until you spend enough to bring the balance into the positive.

Thanks - that helps.  If I wait until after final payment, will the EZAir cancellation become OBC?  Would be able to use it for excursions, etc, so no loss either way.

1 hour ago, MixerDave said:

Thanks - that helps.  If I wait until after final payment, will the EZAir cancellation become OBC?  Would be able to use it for excursions, etc, so no loss either way.

With Flexible EZair reservations it’s possible to cancel flights up to 45 days prior to departure without any fee & the refund would be credited to the chargecard you used to make your payment.

Cancellation No fee until 45 days prior to departure.  Fees apply within 45 days.

8A276E25-9D8B-40AA-8E69-990E2769A3D4.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 1

You may have to call to get them to actually refund the air credit but it is super easy. I've had price drops on our flights after final payment (several times). Some times they were refunded to the card without a prompt and other times I had to call to initiate the process. Still super easy.

• Like 1