Disembarkation Time?

Tinytinkmom

When we disembark the Britannia next month, we are being picked up by West Quay cars at 9:30am.  We have never sailed P&O before - what time should we start the process of disembarking to meet the car at that time?  I understand that guests are given a specific time to disembark - if that ends up being too late for us, can we switch it with guest services?

Thank you!

I would suggest a disembarkation time of 9am should get you through on time.  As AndyMichelle says, go to reception and request what time you want otherwise they just allocate times. We have used West Quay cars before and the first time we used them and explained we were coming off a ship, they said to call them once we were in the luggage hall so that they can time their arrival as they are not allowed to wait too long in the pick up zone.  This worked well, the second time we used them it didn't and there was a lot of confusion as to where the car was. But I would check with them whether it's best to call first.

I haven't sailed on Britannia, only smaller ships, others may give more accurate disembarkation times but I would have thought 1/2 an hour was enough.

Make sure you apply for a time when the leaflet comes round.  Otherwise you might not get a sensible time allocated.  Should an unworkable time be allocated by default get it changed at reception and take all your tags etc. down there for exchange. They always help where people have a problem in my experience.

Regards John