Port time change notification

Cobeck1234

Sailing companions received notification of a port time change on an upcoming cruise.  We still have not received that

notice and the website still list the original time.  I will call Celebrity tomorrow to confirm the correct time but wondering if this is 

unusual?  I would hope they would send the email to all registered cruisers on this sailing.

55 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Celebrity sends out emails directly to the cruiser as well informing the TA.

Port changes happen with some frequency in my experience.

That has not been our experience.  On a few occasions when we received notification of a change from Celebrity it was days after having been notified by the TA.

I was going to call this morning and decided to check the website first.  The times have now changed on the website and 30 minutes after I checked, the email arrived from the TA with a copy of the notice from Celebrity.  Now to contact the tour company to see if our planned excursion will still work.  

13 hours ago, Cobeck1234 said:

Sailing companions received notification of a port time change on an upcoming cruise.  We still have not received that

notice and the website still list the original time.  I will call Celebrity tomorrow to confirm the correct time but wondering if this is 

unusual?  I would hope they would send the email to all registered cruisers on this sailing.

Celebrity can be delightfully uneven when it comes to this.  I've received port change notices from both the company and my TA (both via email) about my cruise(since taken), but I read it here on the boards first thanks to a thread 😄, and the emails from Celebrity and the TA were read a couple hours later.  Sometimes the website should be the last place you check about port changes because the updates are not consistently timely.