Port Canaveral area hotels

Mason9

the popular 4 nearest the port

Country Inn and Suites: significantly upgraded after storm damage after last storm, offers parking package

Residence Inn by Marriott

Radisson Resort at the port: very popular pool area but some find the rooms a bit dated, parking package

Homewood Suites by Hilton: only a year or two old

these are all just outside the port but ANY hotel in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach is only a few minutes away.

Edited by Capt_BJ

17 hours ago, Capt_BJ said:

the popular 4 nearest the port

Country Inn and Suites: significantly upgraded after storm damage after last storm, offers parking package

Residence Inn by Marriott

Radisson Resort at the port: very popular pool area but some find the rooms a bit dated, parking package

Homewood Suites by Hilton: only a year or two old

these are all just outside the port but ANY hotel in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach is only a few minutes away.

Thanks after checking reviews we just booked  the Country Inn and Suites: Got a good rate $124 a night with AARP.

On 6/25/2019 at 11:33 AM, Mason9 said:

Thanks after checking reviews we just booked  the Country Inn and Suites: Got a good rate $124 a night with AARP.

I also found the $124 rate through AAA.  I have both the Radisson and CI&Suites booked with free cancellation within a certain time period.  I have always stayed at the Radisson so I am torn.  I have read SO many nice things about Country Inn & Suites!

We have stayed at Residence Inn and have Country Inn & Suites booked for next month. We like that there is a Hertz located literally in the parking lot between these two hotels, which makes dropping our rental car off a breeze the morning of the cruise.

Hi, all! My mother and I are flying in the night before (July 27), staying at the MCO airport hotel (a Hyatt), and then taking the Royal Caribbean shuttle to HOTS on Sunday, July 28.  I am hoping this works.  Has anyone tried this before?  How did it work out?  

It seems to be the least stressful way to go about it, given that my mother and I are flying in from different states, that I use a wheelchair, and my that mother is older.  We'll see how it goes.  

On 6/28/2019 at 9:07 AM, CruizCuz said:

I also found the $124 rate through AAA.  I have both the Radisson and CI&Suites booked with free cancellation within a certain time period.  I have always stayed at the Radisson so I am torn.  I have read SO many nice things about Country Inn & Suites!

the AAA and AARP rates are usually both 10% off BAR rate.  (just so you know).  Some places offer one or the other, so you're not missing out. 

5 hours ago, ysolde said:

Hi, all! My mother and I are flying in the night before (July 27), staying at the MCO airport hotel (a Hyatt), and then taking the Royal Caribbean shuttle to HOTS on Sunday, July 28.  I am hoping this works.  Has anyone tried this before?  How did it work out?  

It seems to be the least stressful way to go about it, given that my mother and I are flying in from different states, that I use a wheelchair, and my that mother is older.  We'll see how it goes.  

Are you staying at the Hyatt IN the the airport of one of the Hyatt Places near the airport?  In the hotel you'll be fine.  Outside, be sure you book the hotel shuttle with lots of time.

56 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

the AAA and AARP rates are usually both 10% off BAR rate.  (just so you know).  Some places offer one or the other, so you're not missing out. 

Since I am an AARP member that is usualy where I check first. I do check other sites and have used them on occasion if their rate is better. I have never had a problem with an AARP booking. I have had problems with some of the other sites. I just had problems last month in Niagara Falls. The hotel could not find my reservations. It took about an hour and several phone calls to get it straightened out.

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Are you staying at the Hyatt IN the the airport of one of the Hyatt Places near the airport?  In the hotel you'll be fine.  Outside, be sure you book the hotel shuttle with lots of time.

We're staying at the one in the airport.  I am traveling really light (carry-on suitcase and personal item).  I need to (gently) tell my mom that the lighter she travels on the way over, the easier it will be.  We both have Le Pliage bags (indeed, I have two), that we can pack inside our suitcases and fill with anything that we purchase along the way if the need arises.  Checking a carry-on on the way home if necessary is not a big deal.

6 hours ago, Mason9 said:

Since I am an AARP member that is usualy where I check first. I do check other sites and have used them on occasion if their rate is better. I have never had a problem with an AARP booking. I have had problems with some of the other sites. I just had problems last month in Niagara Falls. The hotel could not find my reservations. It took about an hour and several phone calls to get it straightened out.

Was that the exped.. or hotel... or book... or group..?  (since they are technically on-line TAs, I didn't want to spell out)  We've been having troubles with exp and group all summer.  Reservations not coming through to the hotel.  Fortunately, I now have access to the vendor sites and can look up a reservation and see what happened.  If I can find it, it takes me a couple of minutes to create the reservation.  If someone doesn't have access to the vendor site, then, yes it will take a lot of time between the guest, the 3rd party site and the hotel.  

5 hours ago, ysolde said:

We're staying at the one in the airport.  I am traveling really light (carry-on suitcase and personal item).  I need to (gently) tell my mom that the lighter she travels on the way over, the easier it will be.  We both have Le Pliage bags (indeed, I have two), that we can pack inside our suitcases and fill with anything that we purchase along the way if the need arises.  Checking a carry-on on the way home if necessary is not a big deal.

You'll be good.   All the busses and shuttles are down on the lower, lower level.  

I carryon, too, and I have no problem checking it, especially if the flight is going to full - saves having to fight for space!!

8 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Was that the exped.. or hotel... or book... or group..?  (since they are technically on-line TAs, I didn't want to spell out)  We've been having troubles with exp and group all summer.  Reservations not coming through to the hotel.  Fortunately, I now have access to the vendor sites and can look up a reservation and see what happened.  If I can find it, it takes me a couple of minutes to create the reservation.  If someone doesn't have access to the vendor site, then, yes it will take a lot of time between the guest, the 3rd party site and the hotel.  

AARP uses Expedia never had a problem with them. The recent experience was with book. 

5 hours ago, Mason9 said:

AARP uses Expedia never had a problem with them. The recent experience was with book. 

For some reason, Expedia has had some issues with getting reservations pushed out to hotels this spring and summer.  Not all the time, but enough that I have had to make manual reservations for probably 20+people.  In the scheme of things, it sounds small, but when you usually don't have to worry, it is an issue.  American Express also goes through Expedia.  It's why I always recommend that people CALL the hotel to verify that the reservation went through.  

• 3 weeks later...