Specialty Dining

wendyp247

I am new to NCL, I tried booking  Specialty dining, which is one of my perks  but everything for a party of 2 is booked except for 9-9:30 slots. There is availability for parties of 4. Any suggestions on booking my reservations? Cruise is in September Thanks 

They only release so many tables to pre-book.  When you embark, you can either go to the reservation location or use the stateroom TV, the app or the screens in the hallways to book the times you want.  Just be sure to do it right away.  I've done it with groups as large as 9, so you should be fine. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wendyp247 said:

I am new to NCL, I tried booking  Specialty dining, which is one of my perks  but everything for a party of 2 is booked except for 9-9:30 slots. There is availability for parties of 4. Any suggestions on booking my reservations? Cruise is in September Thanks 

Reservations opened 120 days prior to your cruise and you have waited too long. All of the reservations are sold out. As soon as you embark, head to the restaurant reservation desk or use one of the touch screen kiosks near elevator lobbies to make reservations. 

I see you are on the Spirit. Reservations will only have been available for La Cucina, La Trattoria and Cagneys, as they don’t offer online reservations for Teppenyaki.

As has been said above, more reservations will be available onboard. As there is only one Teppenyaki table I would get your reservations done soon after boarding or you may miss out on that one. My guess is that the others will last for longer due to the length of the cruise, but you never know.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wendyp247 said:

only about 1/3 of the available reservations are allowed to be booked ahead of time. Just make your first priority when you get on the ship, booking your dining reservations. Good luck and enjoy.

Also, if they have reservation available at the times you want for 4 people, just make the reservation for 4 and change it to 2 people once you get onboard.

This would only work if you are not actually paying at the time of reserving, but just reserving a table.

Edited by goldmom
correction

We have always used the same travel agent and when we have large parties we have her do the booking as doing yourself can be a nightmare. Travel agents don't charge more than the NCL reps and give much better service and can get you answers to questions without spending your day on a phone. 

As a previous reply said, make sure you book the earliest that you can. I don't know if it makes a difference but we always pay in full way in advance for our cruise so that they can't give you the old, "you can only book once your cruise is paid in full" story.