HELP!! lead passenger may not be able to go- what happens?

fragilek

30 minutes ago, downsmead said:

If your mother just 'dosent show up for boarding' then the cost of the cabin is what you have paid, though obviously that is the cost of two people, though it appears that is less than they are asking for the new booking. It boils down to which is the lesser of the two evils. I am from the UK, and you should be able to get the flight refunded under the insurance. 

Yip we can claim the flights back but it wont be worth it if we also can't claim for her half of the cabin.  As I was only a few months out of a 7 months stay in hospital when we booked this (doc approval of course) we got special travel insurance (most places turned us down) we unfortunatly did not include my MIL in the group as she said she had already paid annual  so did not want to pay again 😡. but the other 7 of us are under 1 policy to include me in the group- we believed I was the biggest risk to us all not going. As a result our excess is £300 pp and my mums flights are about £370 return,  the other expense of 3 nights in Venice again cannot be canceled due to the others still staying there.  The main thing is what's wrong is easily treatable just may not be stabilized on time for doc or insurance to allow it. (I am sure she is upset but is not showing it to the rest of us.)

You are correct not showing up may just be our best option now - Can anyone confirm this will work and my MIL will still be able to board.