Marseille to Cassis

lshpak

Our ship docks in Marseille.  We are looking to get to Cassis, to go to Calanque on the boat tour. What's the best way to get to/from  Cassis. Can I take public transportation or do I have to take a taxi. Thank you.

You can take the train from Marseille (Blancarde station) to Cassis - it’s a 19 minute journey and costs around €4 one way. I think there is a bus as well but not sure. The station is quite a walk out of Cassis but there is usually a bus that meets train arrivals. The SNCF website has all train info.

During the summer season there are boat trips to the Calanques NP from the Vieux Port in Marseille.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 9:18 AM, Omega1 said:

You can take the train from Marseille (Blancarde station) to Cassis - it’s a 19 minute journey and costs around €4 one way. I think there is a bus as well but not sure. The station is quite a walk out of Cassis but there is usually a bus that meets train arrivals. The SNCF website has all train info.

During the summer season there are boat trips to the Calanques NP from the Vieux Port in Marseille.

Thank you so much for this information.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know that this post is old, but it might help Amypintx.  We took a boat ride from Marseilles Old Port to the Calanques and back.  It was very convenient.  We saw a boat at the town end of the port and bought tickets.  It was very nice.  No need to figure out trains, just go and relax.  It was a large boat, lots of space and covered places to vet out of the sun.  We felt very safe.

• Like 1

I know that this post is old, but it might help Amypintx.  We took a boat ride from Marseilles Old Port to the Calanques and back.  It was very convenient.  We saw a boat at the town end of the port and bought tickets.  It was very nice.  No need to figure out trains, just go and relax.  It was a large boat, lots of space and covered places to vet out of the sun.  We felt very safe.

Thanks so much for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums