MSC Magnifica - Aft facing balcony

fsteph

Hi, 

I’d be grateful for some advice from more experienced cruisers (we’ve cruised once in the past, with the Oasis of the seas)

I’m looking to book a cruise on the MSC Magnifica (family of 4, with two very young children) and the only available balcony cabin we can find is on deck 8 at the end of the ship (rear facing balcony). Based on the deck plan, it also appears to be a connecting cabin (so potentially more noise).

Any feedback/comments on this type of room would be much appreciated - mainly concerned about noise levels, sea-sickness, etc. due to the location of the cabin. 

many thanks!

Thank you for the reply. Would you go for the same type of cabin, but a deck higher (deck 9 instead of 8)? Looks like there are a couple available in deck 9 on a latter cruise date (a week later, which is not an issue for us). I can also find an outside one in deck 8 (unobstructed view but of course no balcony). 

I always try to find a cabin with cabins both above and below it.  The only exception would be if it was a known quiet area late at night and in the early morning.  That lounge would be quiet in the morning but will be loud probably past midnight.

You usually can't go wrong with an AFT facing balcony!  When available that is our preferred cabin location !  

Watching the wake ... seeing all of the ports that you have just sailed away from  :)