do all in room have to have drink package?

Jasonmom

Sorry to worry about another drink package question, but this is our first time with it and I am the one doing all the planning.  When I booked Balcony room for the 3 of us (all way over 21 years old), only the first 2 received the perk free unlimited drinks.  I was told that the 3rd person doesn't have to get one by the NCL rep doing the booking.  But now as I am reading about the drink package on NCL site it said all in room have to have package.  Anyone out there have 1st hand experience with this and know which it is?

Thanks in advance for help.

Edited by Jasonmom

2 minutes ago, Jasonmom said:

Sorry to worry about another drink package question, but this is our first time with it and I am the one doing all the planning.  When I booked Balcony room for the 3 of us (all way over 21 years old), only the first 2 received the perk free unlimited drinks.  I was told that the 3rd person doesn't have to get one by the NCL rep doing the booking.  But now as I am reading about the drink package on NCL site it said all in room have to have package.  Anyone out there have 1st hand experience with this and know which it is?

Thanks in advance for help.

If pax 1 gets the drink package, pax 2 has to get it also. Pax 3 and 4 do NOT have to get it.

• Like 1

Thank goodness.  That would have been an expensive mistake for me to make.  My Mom (3rd passenger) usually only has a few drinks the entire time aboard so it doesn't make sense for her to have package.

3 hours ago, KarlChilders said:

If purchased outright, all in cabin have to get it, if received as a promo, passengers 1 and 2 only have to have it.

Hi.  We have five in an H4, all adults.

The first two have the drink package, which was added at booking.

I understand the other three do not have to have the package but if I want to get them the package, can I get them the wine/beer package?

Also, when I try to purchase the same package as we have or even the wine/beer, it is still showing my dh/me have to purchase even though we already have it as a perk (for instance, it is trying to make me purchase five, instead of three).

Thank you for your help!

54 minutes ago, js said:

Hi.  We have five in an H4, all adults.

The first two have the drink package, which was added at booking.

I understand the other three do not have to have the package but if I want to get them the package, can I get them the wine/beer package?

Also, when I try to purchase the same package as we have or even the wine/beer, it is still showing my dh/me have to purchase even though we already have it as a perk (for instance, it is trying to make me purchase five, instead of three).

Thank you for your help!

No one on Cruise Critic can really help you.  Call up NCL and tell them what you want to do.

18 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

No one on Cruise Critic can really help you.  Call up NCL and tell them what you want to do.

Wow, that usually is not my experience.  There are many NCL experts on this board that have much more knowledge and more helpful than NCL reps. at least in my experience but thanks for your suggestion.

Edited by js
  • Like 1

I think that what they meant was that ultimately, the answer that matters is the one you get from NCL.  Clearly, the two who already have the package should not have to buy it, so it seems the website is not handling the situation properly.  My guess is that once any additional passengers purchase the package, all remaining passengers (that don't already have it)  will need to as well, but ultimately NCL will make that decision. We can speculate, some may even be able to share what happened with them, but what matters is what they tell you.

14 minutes ago, KarlChilders said:

I think that what they meant was that ultimately, the answer that matters is the one you get from NCL.  Clearly, the two who already have the package should not have to buy it, so it seems the website is not handling the situation properly.  My guess is that once any additional passengers purchase the package, all remaining passengers (that don't already have it)  will need to as well, but ultimately NCL will make that decision. We can speculate, some may even be able to share what happened with them, but what matters is what they tell you.

Thanks, I get it but I am in the camp that have called NCL in the past, numerous times, same question with different answers. I will ultimately need to call since it is asking to charge my dh/me, and we have already "purchased" but thought others here could let me know what they experienced.

Thanks so much, I appreciate your help.

You're probably running into the issue that not many buy the package for guests 3+. Most get it as a perk and if you're not sailing in the Haven, but have 4 people that all want the drink package it often makes more sense to just do 2 cabins than cram 4 adults into one room and pay $1700 for drink packages. 

Just now, smplybcause said:

You're probably running into the issue that not many buy the package for guests 3+. Most get it as a perk and if you're not sailing in the Haven, but have 4 people that all want the drink package it often makes more sense to just do 2 cabins than cram 4 adults into one room and pay $1700 for drink packages. 

Yes, that is my exact "problem" LOL

I would most certainly put the other two/three in another cabin. Priced out two Haven spa cabins but still much more than the 2 bedroom, so I'm "stuck" 🙂 LOL