Camp Ocean 2yr old - question about programming

amybiff

Sorry if this has been answered before, I tried searching and couldn’t find the exact answer to my question, although I found some very helpful dailies that someone had posted.

My little penguin is almost 2 1/2, and I am hoping to make good use of Camp Ocean during our upcoming cruise on the Sunrise. I see that there are a lot of scheduled activities, does he have to participate in those, or can he just wander around and play with toys? He has developmental delays and is more like a 12 month old, and does not engage in group activities very well yet.

Thank you in advance!  

Cute photo added just because  🥰

248F5FC1-06AC-46FF-917F-60D69E232AB3.jpeg

Edited by amybiff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, amybiff said:

Sorry if this has been answered before, I tried searching and couldn’t find the exact answer to my question, although I found some very helpful dailies that someone had posted.

My little penguin is almost 2 1/2, and I am hoping to make good use of Camp Ocean during our upcoming cruise on the Sunrise. I see that there are a lot of scheduled activities, does he have to participate in those, or can he just wander around and play with toys? He has developmental delays and is more like a 12 month old, and does not engage in group activities very well yet.

Thank you in advance!  

I am sure you if you discuss this with the Camp Ocean staff, they will allow your child to play with toys!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, amybiff said:

Thank you in advance!  

Hello!  Our son was a bit older on his first cruise...he was five.  He has autism and is also more of a wanderer and play with toys than social interactions.  The camps were great and our son had a blast!  The staff were incredibly friendly.  I recommend sending a message to the special needs team prior to cruising.  I think the E-mail is access@carnival.com and just give them a heads up on any other needs you may have.  We always ask for a separate muster drill which they’ve always accommodated.  Enjoy your trip!

• Thanks 1