? Naming 2nd Guest

Me Agn L8 Agn

Will Royal Carb. or Carnival let you book a cruise in advance for yourself and someone else without naming the 2nd person until closer to sail time? My daughter wants to book a cruise about 9 mths out, but not sure at this point who she wants to go with her. She would be paying for it in payments herself and wants to book on line instead of through a TA.

I think you have to put some name down. Most lines will let you change the name later, sometimes charging ~$50 fee, especially if it is after final payment time or documents have been prepared. Is she booking online direct with the cruiseline? If so, it is relatively simple to change a name by just calling later.

No problem. Carnival will allow you to do this.

Last year, my son booked a cruise for himself and a 'guest'. (He couldn't decide which girlfriend to take....geez:rolleyes:.) Anyway, he didn't have to have a 'name' of the second passenger until final payment was due. He booked directly with a PVP (Personal Vacation Planner) at Carnival.

If you change a name after final payment, there will be a $50 fee.

Will Royal Carb. or Carnival let you book a cruise in advance for yourself and someone else without naming the 2nd person until closer to sail time? My daughter wants to book a cruise about 9 mths out, but not sure at this point who she wants to go with her.

If it is on Carnival, they will list the second passenger as TBA TBA. If the cruise is on Royal Caribbean, they list the second unknown passenger as GUEST GUEST. She will have to know before final payment.

• 2 weeks later...
I asked the same question of my TA. She told me that if I booked as solo and my friend decided to go at a later date that my cabin cost would go down.:D

I believe that the cabin cost for YOU will go down, but the whole cabin will be the same total cost. :)

I believe that the cabin cost for YOU will go down, but the whole cabin will be the same total cost. :)

Actually, the total cabin cost may go up slightly. If the cruise line charges 200% of the cruise rate for a single, once you add the second person, the cruise line then adds on the additional person's taxes and port charges as well.

Archived