Miami question...

star10

My returning flight isn't until 6 on Sunday... so we are stuck in FL until then. I see that Carnival has some excursions to do, but most of them take you to Miami Airport after... we are flying out of Fort Lauderdale. There is one called Art Tour or something like that...

Anyone do this? with kids? (15,10, 4) I thought at first that it was an art museum, but it looks like a tour of Miami (famous people's houses, lunch, walking around) Might kill some time, right?

What other options are there?

We had a evening flight out of FLL also. We rented a car for the day at the port (had to take a shuttle) and drove up A1A until we found a beach we wanted to check out. Rented a couple of chairs, bought some cheap towels and enjoyed one more day of sand and surf. Rinsed off at the beach showers, got dressed before finishing the drive into FLL. When we got there we ate a late lunch at the local Friday's and headed to the airport in time for our flight. Pretty cheap day, the rental car took care of airport transfer.

I've done the Everglades 6 years ago...

If I do the zoo, where do I put our luggage?

Has anyone had this situation?

Thank you for your help! I really appreciate it.

Last year, I left the plans for the time between up to my husband and a friend... we ended up sitting in the airport the WHOLE day... with a 3 year old. It was not fun keeping her occupied... then our flight was delayed another hour!! We didn't leave the airport until 7:30 pm, and we got there around 10:30!! I don't want to do that again.

My returning flight isn't until 6 on Sunday... so we are stuck in FL until then. I see that Carnival has some excursions to do, but most of them take you to Miami Airport after... we are flying out of Fort Lauderdale. There is one called Art Tour or something like that...

Anyone do this? with kids? (15,10, 4) I thought at first that it was an art museum, but it looks like a tour of Miami (famous people's houses, lunch, walking around) Might kill some time, right?

What other options are there?

You seem to be prime candidates for a car rental and a day at the beach or your own trip to the Everglades.

I have to agree with the rental car suggestion.

We always do that. Not only do we have the freedom to do what we want, it also serves as our transportation to the port AND storage for the luggage while you're at the beach.

Budget allows 1 way rentals. Just take a taxi from the port to the nearest agency and you'll be on your way!!

I have to agree with the rental car suggestion.

We always do that. Not only do we have the freedom to do what we want, it also serves as our transportation to the port AND storage for the luggage while you're at the beach.

Budget allows 1 way rentals. Just take a taxi from the port to the nearest agency and you'll be on your way!!

Alamo allows one way rentals also.

We'd like to rent a car after our cruise, and just wondering what Companies provide shuttles at the port? We're headed over to west coast of FL to visit friends, and then would return car at Miami airport later in week. Appreciate any input.

We'd like to rent a car after our cruise, and just wondering what Companies provide shuttles at the port? We're headed over to west coast of FL to visit friends, and then would return car at Miami airport later in week. Appreciate any input.

I would imagine just about all of them do, but I know for sure that Alamo does.

Archived