Is Food Republic Included or Not

gmbhardy

According to their terms, it is included: https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

[Edited: it looks like the upcharges have also been removed from several restaurants, like Ocean Blue.]

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

Specialty Dining Packages are honored in the following specialty restaurants: American Diner, Cagney’s Steakhouse, Food Republic, Italian, Le Bistro, Los Lobos, Margaritaville at Sea, Moderno Churrascaria, Ocean Blue and Bayamo by Ocean Blue, Pincho Tapas Bar, Q Texas Smokehouse, Raw Bar, Sushi and Teppanyaki.

Guests may also choose to dine in other select restaurants, with the following per person upcharges when using their SDP meal:

• Cirque Dreams (Epic, Getaway) $10 USD
  • Supper Club Cabaret (Escape) - $18 USD
  • Velvet (Breakaway) - $10 USD
Edited by Pitzel
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pitzel said:

According to their terms, it is included: https://www.ncl.com/specialty-dining-package/faq

[Edited: it looks like the upcharges have also been removed from several restaurants, like Ocean Blue.]

IN WHICH VENUES WILL MY SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGE BE HONORED?

Specialty Dining Packages are honored in the following specialty restaurants: American Diner, Cagney’s Steakhouse, Food Republic, Italian, Le Bistro, Los Lobos, Margaritaville at Sea, Moderno Churrascaria, Ocean Blue and Bayamo by Ocean Blue, Pincho Tapas Bar, Q Texas Smokehouse, Raw Bar, Sushi and Teppanyaki.

Guests may also choose to dine in other select restaurants, with the following per person upcharges when using their SDP meal:

• Cirque Dreams (Epic, Getaway) $10 USD
  • Supper Club Cabaret (Escape) - $18 USD
  • Velvet (Breakaway) - $10 USD

Though, the promo terms and conditions have not been updated to reflect the same inclusions: https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

On the bliss this past Feb food republic was not included. ( maybe changed since then)   It was a la carte. But hands down best food I had on the ship. We ordered maybe 5 dishes between my husband and I and bill was 60ish. Well worth it in our opinion. In fact I kept saying I wanted to go back we just never made it.🙄 

Someone posted about it being included in a Bliss Review thread recently. I understand from discussing this on Facebook that it's a very recent change and it looks like they forgot to update the promotions page.  

17 hours ago, david_sobe said:

Many cruisers were retirees who were not impacted by the economic crisis in 2009.  Today the target market is not retirees or the loyal cruisers so any economic crisis would have a huge impact on cruising since young families are now the target market.

I booked Epic in January 2010 which was still in the middle of the economic crisis and paid a fortune for penthouse around 7k but it also was Christmas week.  

That’s what I think too. Thanks for posting.

If you scroll down further on the terms and conditions page, it discussed more on the SDP for Food Republic:

ARE ANY MENU ITEMS EXCLUDED FROM SPECIALTY DINING PACKAGES?

All Specialty Restaurant menu items are included except Seafood Platter in Raw Bar. Additional entrée charges may apply.

For Food Republic and Pincho, an SDP meal includes 4 items.