Tampa Hotels

bzydad

I don't know what hotels Carnival uses. I was always under the impression that you are on your own as far as hotels regardless of who you booked thru. Anyway, below is a link to a very long but informative thread specific to the Tampa area that is on the pre and post hotel board. If you have the time to read thru it, you will find lots of info on Tampa hotels. We plan to stay at the Hampton Inn downtown/Ybor City.

paperclip.gifsubscribed.gifHotel suggestions for Tampa

We had to book our own hotels. We booked at the Doubletree Westshore near the airport. They offer free airport shuttle and free cruise terminal shuttle. As I am a Federal employee we got a room for $84/nite. Considering taxi costs it is about a wash if you book at a lower end hotel.

We had to book our own hotels. We booked at the Doubletree Westshore near the airport. They offer free airport shuttle and free cruise terminal shuttle. As I am a Federal employee we got a room for $84/nite. Considering taxi costs it is about a wash if you book at a lower end hotel.

For our cruise last year I booked through Priceline, choosing the airport area. I think I paid $65 for the room and cab fare was $20 each way. They did have free airport shuttle--I think most of the airport area hotels do. We checked out early and spent some time at the Tampa aquarium (expensive, but very nice). We were able to store our luggage at the aquarium and then walked about two blocks to the terminal.

Did anyone leave their car parked there for the week? Do they pick you up at the port when you get back and take you back to the hotel?

I know that Chase Suites will do this. We are using their "Ship & Shore" package when we cruise out of Tampa in March. They pick you up at the airport, take you to the hotel, to the pier, and when you get back, from the pier to the airport (or back to the hotel). I believe you can also arrange to leave your car there for the week if you drive.

I know that Chase Suites will do this. We are using their "Ship & Shore" package when we cruise out of Tampa in March. They pick you up at the airport, take you to the hotel, to the pier, and when you get back, from the pier to the airport (or back to the hotel). I believe you can also arrange to leave your car there for the week if you drive.

I'm trying to find the Ship to Shore on their web site and can't seem to find it. What was your cost?

Just punch in the Tampa location along with your dates. Then on the rates page you will see it as one of the options. For my dates it comes up as $139. We need two nights so we plan on using Priceline and try for the downtown area.

Sorry for not being clear but we live in Arizona and we booked are air through Carnival through AAA and our TA said Carnival will put us up for the night and take us to the port and was just wondering if anyone did this and what hotels they use.

I'm trying to find the Ship to Shore on their web site and can't seem to find it. What was your cost?

Our cost for a TWO bedroom suite, and 5 adults is $229. This was a cheaper option for us than getting 2 regular rooms, plus trying to get 5 of us and all of our luggage from airport to hotel, hotel to pier, and pier to airport. The Ship & Shore package doesn't always show up on their website, but if you call or email, they will be able to quote you a price. 1-813-281-5677 is their toll-free number in Tampa.

I think in order to get the shuttle and parking you need to book the ship to shore package. I really enjoyed my stay at the Chase. There were 8 of us and we got two 2 bedroom suites. I think it averaged around $45 a person.

Can you just book a room and get the same shuttle and parking benefits? Or do i have to book the ship to shore rate that costs more?

I booked an executive room at the Double Tree for 1 night. Now I am wondering if I will get the benefits for the parking and shuttle. Or if I have to rebook for the ship to shore package. Has anyone booked a reg. room and got the benefits?

Party in Heidi's room! :D

WOO HOO!!!! PAR-TAY!!!!!

Everyone join in...the PRE Miracle 3/26 Conga Line!!!!

COME ON SCOTT!!!!

Me mind on fire -- Me soul on fire -- Feeling hot hot hot

Party people -- All around me feeling hot hot hot

What to do - On a night like this

Music sweet - I can't resist

We need a party song - A fundamental jam

So we go rum-bum-bum-bum

Yeah we rum-bum-bum-bum

Feeling hot hot hot -- Feeling hot hot hot - oh Lord

(me la la la lum bum bum)

See people rocking -- Hear people chanting -- Feeling hot hot hot

Keep up this spirit -- Come on let's do it -- Feeling hot hot hot

It's in the air - Celebration time

Music sweet - captivate your mind

We have this party song - This fundamental jam

So we go rum-bum-bum-bum

Yeah we rum-bum-bum-bum

Feeling hot hot hot -- Feeling hot hot hot - Oh Lord

Ha-ha

Ole ole - ole ole / Ole ole - ole ole

EE-yes girls

People in the party - hot hot hot

They come to the party know what they got

I'm hot -- You're hot -- He's hot -- She's hot

(Real hot) -- (Real hot) -- (Real hot) -- (Real hot)H

a-ha-ha - Oh Lord

How you feeling? (Hot hot hot)

We also used the Doubltree Westshore. Got govt rate b/c dh works for state. they also provide free shuttle from port back to airport after cruise! For the 5 os us, i think we came out ahead!

I spoke with Doubletree yesterday and was told that if I booked using the government rate that we didn't qualify for parking nor port shuttle. I was told that we would have to pay the $189 rate.

Ginger

WOO HOO!!!! PAR-TAY!!!!!

COME ON SCOTT!!!!

What to do - On a night like this

Music sweet - I can't resist

We need a party song - A fundamental jam

So we go rum-bum-bum-bum

Yeah we rum-bum-bum-bum

Feeling hot hot hot -- Feeling hot hot hot - oh Lord

(me la la la lum bum bum)

See people rocking -- Hear people chanting -- Feeling hot hot hot

Keep up this spirit -- Come on let's do it -- Feeling hot hot hot

It's in the air - Celebration time

Music sweet - captivate your mind

We have this party song - This fundamental jam

So we go rum-bum-bum-bum

Yeah we rum-bum-bum-bum

Feeling hot hot hot -- Feeling hot hot hot - Oh Lord

Ha-ha

EE-yes girls

(Real hot) -- (Real hot) -- (Real hot) -- (Real hot)H

a-ha-ha - Oh Lord

Kathie knows the words to the song!!

I'M SCARED!!!!!!

I can only hope you had to look that up, Chatty! Actually, I kind of LIKE the song, and all the other cheesy conga-line music. (Sorry, Scott;))

Kathie knows the words to the song!!

I'M SCARED!!!!!!

I can only hope you had to look that up, Chatty! Actually, I kind of LIKE the song, and all the other cheesy conga-line music. (Sorry, Scott;))

I'm good with music~ But I'm not THAT GOOD!!!

That little number came off a lyrics site...

Its called copy and paste my friend, copy and paste~

Me soul on fire....

We dance with Dolphins....

Feelin HOT HOT HOT!!!!....

WOO HOO!!!! PAR-TAY!!!!!

COME ON SCOTT!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

tigger--I stayed at Doubletree on Jan 14, 2006 with the govt rate. We got the free shuttles anywhere. After you check in, you go to a desk where you sign up for shuttle. They do not (at least not then) ask what rate you have or anything. Just give your name. My sister also booked it and had no problems. We did not park, but we got the free shuttle from the port back to the airport on jan 22 with no questions asked. They told us we would just sign up for shuttle when we arrived, which we did. we did not have to park since we flew in, so i can't talk about that. But one week ago today we took the FREE shuttle from port back to airport after cruise using our govt rate. So unless they have changed their policy in the past week, we used govt rate for free shuttle from airport to hotel, hotel to pier, and pier back to airport.

Archived