Tampa Hotels

bzydad

I asked about the government rate, parking for five days and port shuttle at Doubletree and this is the response I got from Rick Dorman, Rooms Division Director for the Doubletree Tampa.

Me, "will these services be available to us if we make a reservation using the government rate? "

Mr Dorman, "Yes as long as you have a reservation at the hotel. Also upon arrival make reservations w/ our Bell Staff to ensure departure time from the hotel to the port of Tampa."

I asked about the government rate, parking for five days and port shuttle at Doubletree and this is the response I got from Rick Dorman, Rooms Division Director for the Doubletree Tampa.

Me, "will these services be available to us if we make a reservation using the government rate? "

Mr Dorman, "Yes as long as you have a reservation at the hotel. Also upon arrival make reservations w/ our Bell Staff to ensure departure time from the hotel to the port of Tampa."

Did he say how they handled the parking?

Mr. Dorman didn't say how the parking was handled but I'd be glad to share his email address. I'm curious myself or should I say I was. I called the 800# to book my reservation and had planned on asking for the government rate. My husband is a state certified correctional officer but works at a local prison here in GA. The person I spoke with told me we had to be Florida residents to qualify for the government rate. I'm beginning to think it would be easier to sleep in my car than to make a reservation with Doubletree.

Tigger, you seem to be hitting all the "idiots". I just asked for the govt rate, they did not even ask (I don't think) what state we were from (or if they did they said nothing about it). We are from NC. They did tell us to bring proof of govt job, but never asked to see it. Maybe you should call the Tampa one directly to book. Just ask for govt rate. :)

We just checked into the Chase Suites for one night pre cruise on the Grandeur. Very impressed. Got $84 gov't rate; free shuttle from airport and to cruise terminal AND free shuttle to the restaurant where we have reservations tonight (Westshore area) with pick-up to return. OF COURSE, we tip the driver for all shuttle rides, but everyone here has been amazingly helpful and friendly and willing to do anything to make our stay pleasant. The room has a sofa and small sitting area; separate sink and dressing table from bathroom; full kitchen including dishwasher...it's almost a shame that we're only here for one night. Ideal for families. Tonight there's free wine/beer and barbeque. What a deal. We feel like we've already started the cruise.... If you haven't guessed, we definitely recommend. Don't know about free parking since that wasn't a problem for us.

Tigger, Keep us posted.

Well, I call the 800# again and asked the difference between the reg. king and Exec. King. Would you believe they tried to tell me everything was the same but that the Exec. king was $20 higher so I finally gave up and made a reservation using the web site. I asked why the price difference and was told "I don't know". Who hires these people!!

Under room information for the state government rate it states it includes all state, county and city government employees. Never mentioned that you have to be a Florida resident so hopefully I won't have any problems. I was also told in order to get comp. shuttle and parking I had to purchase a park and cruise package. I let them know that I had email from the Tampa division manager who states differently. I'll be printing the emails and taking them with me when I head for Tampa. So, as if stands right now, we have a kind Exec. for $104.

Sheila, too funny. Hope you had a great cruise. I wish I had known you were from CH and I would have hidden in your suitcase! My dh works for UNC-CH. I work from home for a transcription company out of Charlotte (and one out of Maryland).

Kristin

Miracle 1/15/06

Well, I call the 800# again and asked the difference between the reg. king and Exec. King. Would you believe they tried to tell me everything was the same but that the Exec. king was $20 higher so I finally gave up and made a reservation using the web site. I asked why the price difference and was told "I don't know". Who hires these people!!

Under room information for the state government rate it states it includes all state, county and city government employees. Never mentioned that you have to be a Florida resident so hopefully I won't have any problems. I was also told in order to get comp. shuttle and parking I had to purchase a park and cruise package. I let them know that I had email from the Tampa division manager who states differently. I'll be printing the emails and taking them with me when I head for Tampa. So, as if stands right now, we have a kind Exec. for $104.

They told me it was the bath products and a breakfast in the morning

Kristin,

We're back from our 4 nighter on the Grandeur. Nice time, relaxed and rested now, weather not so great...we didn't even get off the ship in Cozumel since it wasn't a beach day and we didn't want to shop. Where is CH do you live? Might want to take this conversation off the board since we're clearly off topic. Email me at spengle@gmail.com

Sheila

Archived