Bliss "Go Carts:" Questions??

dongordon

Going on the Bliss this January.... I have some questions:

What is the cost?

I heard there are different plans...such as a day pass, week pass, etc.  We are on a 14 day cruise....do they have a "cruise plan?"

Does anyone have any information on this.

Also, are their weight restrictions?  I weigh 270 pounds, hoping to get down to 250 by cruise time.:classic_unsure:

And my 11 and 14 year old grandsons are also going on the Bliss in the future....can they ride together or can the 11 year old ride by himself?

Thank you.

17 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

All the go karts threads     Been discussed extensively ....... 

Thanks for the information, but I was hoping that someone might have specific answers to my questions without of having to search through numerous threads.  Perhaps someone has been on the Bliss and knows the answers to these specific questions. I did  a search and could not find this information.  If you have that knowledge, could you please share.

I have spent hours reading about the Bliss on different threads on this forum and have not seen an answer to my questions and was hoping to see if any of the hundreds of people who have commented on the Bliss on this forum could answer my specific questions.

But thanks for your comment. It was the only response I have received so far.:classic_wink: 

As long as a rider meets the height restriction they should be able to ride solo.  Note that single and double karts run at different times.  I don't think age matters, but be sure they understand the conduct rules on the track or they will be asked to exit early.

I responded to your post in another thread regarding the weight question - I'm definitely over 250, and may have been over 270 when I rode, maybe I carry my weight better than some but they didn't question it when I went.

27 minutes ago, hallux said:

As long as a rider meets the height restriction they should be able to ride solo.  Note that single and double karts run at different times.  I don't think age matters, but be sure they understand the conduct rules on the track or they will be asked to exit early.

I responded to your post in another thread regarding the weight question - I'm definitely over 250, and may have been over 270 when I rode, maybe I carry my weight better than some but they didn't question it when I went.

Thank you so much for your answers......greatly appreciated.

I just read your answer about the weight....makes me feel that I can do this although the video I saw looked as though the steering wheel was very close to the person.  I assume the steering wheel can be adjusted for the rider.

That is interesting that they have single and double karts.

Would you know what times the karts run each day (e.g. 9-10)?

Do you recall the prices for a 7 day or "cruise pass?"

I heard the night course is really nice and better than the daytime...any opinion on that?

Our Roll Call is going to try and set up the Karts as an activity.

I'm wondering if any other Roll Calls have tried to do this with the NCL staff onboard.

2 hours ago, dongordon said:

I assume the steering wheel can be adjusted for the rider.

The seat is adjustable.  Funny - they adjusted mine but never latched it, every time I went down the hill the seat rolled forward, then to the back when I went up the hill.

Would you know what times the karts run each day (e.g. 9-10)?

Do you recall the prices for a 7 day or "cruise pass?"

Looks like on my cruise the doubles were 9-11 on sea days, then 11-11 for single karts.  On port days it was 5-6 or 6:30 then opened a little later for single karts.

I don't recall the prices for the week-long on my trip, but the per-ride price has gone up since.

I'm wondering if any other Roll Calls have tried to do this with the NCL staff onboard.

I don't know about roll calls but the solo host scheduled those that wanted to ride all at once so it might be possible if they talk to the right person.  They only run 10 at a time though.

I heard the night course is really nice and better than the daytime...any opinion on that?

I'm not aware that the course changes night/day, unless you mean that it's more fun running it at night rather than during the day.  I went at 8PM, it was just about dusk.