TUI online checking in..don`t hang about !

Online check in opened at 08.15 this morning for my upcoming cruise on 6th July. Unfortunately it was unavailable after only a few minutes as no seats were left and we now have to check in at the airport. Call me a cynic but how did so many seats get booked so quickly ? After a call to TUI I was informed that only 70% of the seats are made available for online checking in. I suppose TUI hope that some will pay to pre-book in advance and also leave seats for those who don`t  do anything online and do it at the airport. Even so, be warned, do your online check-in the second it becomes available or, like me, after a few minutes you`ll be too late. I had no idea so many seats would go in such a short time. Now have to be at the airport that wee bit earlier.

That's bad luck but because of this problem we now always pay the extra to ensure we are sat together it's not good I know but it's a small amount for peace of mind. In the past we have we have sat apart on a flight to the Caribbean so never again 🙄Don't let it spoil your cruise have a great holiday. 

Thanks Pensioncruiser,

First time it`s happened to us so a lesson learned and hopefully readers on this forum will learn from my experience (and yours)

Ironically, the more people who know the faster the seats will go in the future haha. 

9 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

As a by the way have just checked the seats we have booked for our 14th Sep cruise and note only fifteen available seats left for the outbound flight. That is 90 days today😳

I have similar experience. I always pre-book my seat and find that on Caribbean flights especially, seats can get booked very quickly. I make a note of the "Select seat" date and make the selection asap.

As I understand if you are purchasing extra leg room or premium seats you can reserve your seat straight away. If you wish to reserve ordinary seats you can book them from 90 days before your return flight not the outbound one.

• 1 month later...

Just to confirm... This is just to select where you sit, yes? Your place on the flight is guaranteed redardless of how you check in - Airport on the day, or online in advance? 

We booked our cruise online last February, As soon as they took our deposit we booked extra legroom seats. They allocated us 18a and 18b  for outbound and return flights which I thought was strange as the extra legroom seats are usually at the front of the aircraft. Only when you have paid can you look at the seating plan and the seats we were given were standard seats behind the wing ,Contacted Tui and the agent said they would call me back, that never happened .🙄  We contacted them again by email and got some tale about the grounded Boeing air craft impacting on their flight plan and they would be using third party aircraft to make up the shortfall. So I asked for a refund, no reply as yet.🤔

As I have said before Tui airlines joke of a company.

1 hour ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Yes you are correct 👍

Hi PC.

I will bow to your greater knowledge but I assumed that priority boarding was for the aircraft as well as the ship or is that only for premier customers on the Dreamliner?