Best independent Athens tour

pharmerk77

1 hour ago, pharmerk77 said:

My husband and I are on the Jewel of the Sea, 8/18/19. Looking for recommendations for an independent Athens tour that will pick us up from the ship.

Want to see the Acropolis and other historical sites.

Thanks!

We just returned from a port stop in Athens (May 24th) on Vision and used PK Travel. We booked with a small group from our rollcall. This company was highly recommended and they did not disappoint....just an amazing driver and guide. We did their full day Athens option.

• Like 1

T Ashland on the full day tour did you stop and tour many places besides the Acropolis and museum? We are trying to decide between a full day or 1/2 day.

Thanks.

Edited by pharmerk77

6 hours ago, pharmerk77 said:

T Ashland on the full day tour did you stop and tour many places besides the Acropolis and museum? We are trying to decide between a full day or 1/2 day.

Thanks.

Yes...we did...the small price difference between the two wasn't a big deal....I had considered the 1/2 day also but so glad we did the full day. Our driver/guide were amazing...after we left the Acropolis our driver got us quickly to where we were able to see the noon changing of the guard and there was hardly anyone there. Later when we passed again this area was packed. Having a driver who knew exactly the best timing for everything made a huge difference. You won't be sorry you took the full day tour.

We booked a private half day tour of Athens through PK Travel and it was absolutely amazing! We stopped at the Acropolis, the Plaka, the parliament for the changing of the guards, the white house, first olympic stadium and more! Ask for Nasos - he was a fabulous guide! I would consider it very affordable at $150 euro for just the two of us and a driver for the day. He went above and beyond and got our Acropolis tickets for us before we got there so that we did not have to wait in line! He basically told us that we could do whatever we wanted for as long as we wanted, and he would change the stops/times around whatever schedule we preferred - if we wanted to stay long somewhere or skip a stop, it was no problem! I would HIGHLY recommend! 🙂 

45 minutes ago, K_Wykowski said:

We booked a private half day tour of Athens through PK Travel and it was absolutely amazing! We stopped at the Acropolis, the Plaka, the parliament for the changing of the guards, the white house, first olympic stadium and more! Ask for Nasos - he was a fabulous guide! I would consider it very affordable at $150 euro for just the two of us and a driver for the day. He went above and beyond and got our Acropolis tickets for us before we got there so that we did not have to wait in line! He basically told us that we could do whatever we wanted for as long as we wanted, and he would change the stops/times around whatever schedule we preferred - if we wanted to stay long somewhere or skip a stop, it was no problem! I would HIGHLY recommend! 🙂 

We did the same and with a full day tour we had plenty of time for lunch and shopping in the Plaka.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...