Sailing into Manhattan during fleet week

Peachypooh

I tried searching but couldn't find any info. Has anyone sailed back from

their cruise and ended up at MCT during fleet week? Next year in 2020 I am assuming

that the streets that were posted as being closed in 2019 will be the same

and how did it effect disembarking? Thanks.

50 minutes ago, Peachypooh said:

I tried searching but couldn't find any info. Has anyone sailed back from

their cruise and ended up at MCT during fleet week? Next year in 2020 I am assuming

that the streets that were posted as being closed in 2019 will be the same

and how did it effect disembarking? Thanks.

You might dock one pier over, and there will be more foot traffic around the Intrepid and whichever large navy ship is docked at Pier 88. There won't be any street closures, and it's otherwise not a big deal. 

• Thanks 1

We came back last year during fleet week. We had to walk a pier over to pick up our car (not a super big deal), traffic was a little busier than usual by the pier, and the pier we got dropped off at was old (also not a big deal, just more run down than their usual pier).  I believe the walkway while leaving was smaller than usual, also not a super big deal. ENJOY!!!!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PortFees45 said:

You might dock one pier over, and there will be more foot traffic around the Intrepid and whichever large navy ship is docked at Pier 88. There won't be any street closures, and it's otherwise not a big deal. 

Thank you!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iworktocruiseandtravel said:

We came back last year during fleet week. We had to walk a pier over to pick up our car (not a super big deal), traffic was a little busier than usual by the pier, and the pier we got dropped off at was old (also not a big deal, just more run down than their usual pier).  I believe the walkway while leaving was smaller than usual, also not a super big deal. ENJOY!!!!

Thank you !

• Like 1

Came back this year on Dawn during fleet week...was surprised and pleased disembarking went well...as stated..only difference was using different  pier.  

• Thanks 1