Guarantee Balcony on Harmony

I booked a guaranteed ocean view balcony, 8D, on decks 6,7,8 or 9 on Harmony for next February.    Is there a chance this will be an obstructed view?   My last cruise with RC was on the Oasis over 10 years ago and I said never again because our cabin was unbearably hot even though it was during the winter.  How is the air conditioning on the Harmony?  Our cruise will be during Valentine week, so I’d like to decorate our door.  Is that allowed?  Are the doors magnetic?  I know, that’s lots of questions, but after several cruises on Carnival and Norwegian, I’ve decided to give Royal another chance.

13 minutes ago, BamaLady#13 said:

I booked a guaranteed ocean view balcony, 8D, on decks 6,7,8 or 9 on Harmony for next February.    Is there a chance this will be an obstructed view?   My last cruise with RC was on the Oasis over 10 years ago and I said never again because our cabin was unbearably hot even though it was during the winter.  How is the air conditioning on the Harmony?  Our cruise will be during Valentine week, so I’d like to decorate our door.  Is that allowed?  Are the doors magnetic?  I know, that’s lots of questions, but after several cruises on Carnival and Norwegian, I’ve decided to give Royal another chance.

No obstructed view balconies on Oasis class ships. 

Air conditioning can can vary depending on location on the ship and whether or not your neighbours keep their balcony doors open.

The doors are metal as are the walls and ceilings so magnets will work. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

40 minutes ago, BamaLady#13 said:

What are the chances of getting a fan if the room is hot?

All you can do is ask. 

The most effective means of keeping your stateroom cool is to get your neighbors to keel their sliding doors closed.  If you've got someone nearby who has to hear the sound of the waves at night, you're out of luck.

I have never had an issue getting a fan. I travel with someone often that cannot sleep without one. She quit bringing a battery operated one years ago & just asks the cabin steward as soon as we meet them (with a nice tip😉) & she has never been told no. Also keep a card of some sort in the slot next to the door at all times & ask your steward not to remove it. This will help keep your cabin much cooler.

43 minutes ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

I have never had an issue getting a fan. I travel with someone often that cannot sleep without one. She quit bringing a battery operated one years ago & just asks the cabin steward as soon as we meet them (with a nice tip😉) & she has never been told no. Also keep a card of some sort in the slot next to the door at all times & ask your steward not to remove it. This will help keep your cabin much cooler.

Thanks for the tip.  It’s sure worth a few dollars to stay cool.

35 minutes ago, BamaLady#13 said:

Thanks for the tip.  It’s sure worth a few dollars to stay cool.

2 hours ago, BamaLady#13 said:

The last time I was on the Harmony the air worked very good.If you leave the balcony door open the air in your room will shut off.