Coral Princess... gotta know everything

EvilMuffins

Hey I've asked so many questions and everything, and found out a lot, I would like to know about the ship in general, or even the voyage from real people who've encountered it. If you could that would be great :)

Plus, we read that the Ultimate Balcony Dining is only available on the Grand Class ships, is that true?

We are booked on the Coral for the Thanksgiving sailing of the Pamama Canal. This will be our second time on the Coral and I am looking forward to it very much. Not only for the itinerary, but to return to the Coral. We sailed her on our Alaska cruise a couple of years ago and had a wonderful time. I like the size of the ship, it has great interior design which I found very soothing and relaxing. The crew was very good, even when we dined with PC dining. We have had PC dining on the Grand class (the Star and the Grand) and never felt like we had as good of service as we had on the Coral. The ship is very well maintained, we saw crew members constantly working while sailing doing little maintainence like repainting and the like. The food was pretty good and our room was always immaculate. We also visited the bridge and met the captain twice while sailing (can't remember his name) but felt that he did a wonderful job with the ship and the crew.

Can't wait for 11/22/06 sailing!

We're also thinking of booking the Coral Princess for a New Year's Cruise. We've been on her sister ship the Island and loved it so we'd also like to hear any information about the Coral Princess.

We're looking at the Coral Princess for an August Alaskan cruisetour. Any experiences with the ship in those waters? How about the Princess lodges in Alaska?

It's a AAA Membership Recognition cruise.

Our Alaska cruise was in late August. The waters were just fine with the exception of one night. For me it wasn't a big deal. I was already in bed and felt like I was being rocked to sleep! I know it's wierd, but I also fall asleep on airplanes in turbulence....any ways back to the ship. Some of the people that we met that were up and about that night said that they had a little trouble walking down the hall and the shows that night were cancelled. Like I said, other than the one night, everything was smooth sailing! Have a great trip.

All you gotta know is that the Coral is a wonderful, beautiful ship. My favorite, hands down. It was built especially to go through the Panama Canal, so it's more narrow that other Princess ships, but very long....a long walk from forward to aft. I consider that part of my walking off calories. We have sailed on her sister ship, the Island, and on the Coral, and we are repeating the Coral in April. I love the itinerary. We have done some of the good Panama excursions, so we are now going to stay on board when the ship turns around in Gatun Lake and go back through the locks to port. Whatever itinerary you take on the Coral, you can't go wrong with the ship!!! Best balcony cabins are on the Caribe deck (very large balconies) and Baja deck. Hope this helped.

Thanks Kajokg, I can't wait because we have one on Baja deck, the highest mini-suite. Well I can't wait, is Island any different from it?

I do have 1 question: Does the Coral/Island ships have the Ultimate Balcony Dining which is not just breakfast but can get anything on the balcony? I read on Frommers that its only on the Grand-Class ships.

We have been on the Coral twice (once to Alaska and once to Panama) and love the ship. We get a balcony near the front of the ship so that we are just below the Horizon Court and can go up their frequently for snacks. We have also been on the Grand but it was so much larger and older and we are going on the Sapphire in March. Overall, I would go on the Coral again in a minute if given the option.

Ray and Barbara

Thanks Kajokg, I can't wait because we have one on Baja deck, the highest mini-suite. Well I can't wait, is Island any different from it?

I do have 1 question: Does the Coral/Island ships have the Ultimate Balcony Dining which is not just breakfast but can get anything on the balcony? I read on Frommers that its only on the Grand-Class ships.

Frommer is correct -- Ultimate dinners on the Grand class only. Champagne breakfast is served on Canal day on the Coral. To answer your question regarding the Island Princess. It's the same layout as the Coral, was built about a year earlier. For some inexplicable reason, I like the Coral better even though both ships are the same. Could have been the crew.

Archived