when do the December holiday decorations get taken down?

Out of Iowa

We are cruising in early January (leaving 1/5), and I'm wondering when Carnival removes the holiday decorations?  I've never seen a ship decorated for Christmas and am guessing the decor is stored well before Epiphany (January 6).  If so, a Christmas cruise will need to be added to my bucket list!

A search on this forum yielded no results.

Thanks for sharing what you recall!

12 minutes ago, Out of Iowa said:

We are cruising in early January (leaving 1/5), and I'm wondering when Carnival removes the holiday decorations?  I've never seen a ship decorated for Christmas and am guessing the decor is stored well before Epiphany (January 6).  If so, a Christmas cruise will need to be added to my bucket list!

A search on this forum yielded no results.

Thanks for sharing what you recall!

Don't know when they take them down, but they put them up the week after Thanksgiving. There really aren't that many decorations. Usually a tree in the atrium, some Garland/wreaths hanging from the railings in the atrium, etc. It's nice but I'm not sure it is worth booking for the decorations because they are not that impressive lol. 

However, it is still nice to cruise during that time for other reasons. There's something about hearing Jingle Bells being played on steel drums in port that just makes you smile. 

On our last December cruise there were quite a few decorations all around the ship, even room stewards and bartenders were walking around with Santa hats and had jingle bells and wreaths on their carts. 

There were also several holiday themed events such as an ugly sweater contest, a holiday show that included the captain dressed as Santa and they made it "snow" in the atrium.