Trunk Bay and Beach on St. Thomas Same Trip?

Lawag95

>> Your right it's not a "major deal", so you stick with the Porta Pottie's on Cinnamon, myself and everyone else we'll stick with the nice, clean, RESTROOMS and SHOWERS and BAR at LOVELY Trunk Bay. Sounds like a winner too me!! <<

ok! Lol

13 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Yes there's a dive shop at Secret Harbour you can't miss it all the way down on the right. I walked down there, too many people in the shop, I had spoken to the manager of the shop later that afternoon his name is Eduardo, forget Secret Harbour he's the biggest loser on that end of the island(hands down). LOTS of diving along the right(east) side of Secret Harbour, no kidding they were diving all day long. Hope that helps Todd

So there was too many divers in the water?

I wasn't going to dive St Thomas because my wife doesn't dive and I am diving Grand Turk 2 days before St Thomas.  But if I can work in a shore dive or single tank boat dive from the same beach, I may consider it.

1 hour ago, Lawag95 said:

I wasn't going to dive St Thomas because my wife doesn't dive and I am diving Grand Turk 2 days before St Thomas.  But if I can work in a shore dive or single tank boat dive from the same beach, I may consider it.

Yes!!

Absolutely consider it, I do not per-se dive but I've really been making a better effort at snorkeling , I really enjoy it, your wife can sit on the beach drink Stella's like I did(she'll figure it out) when your down on the bottom of the sea floor making bubble's and sightseeing. When your not on the bottom of the sea floor making bubble's and sightseeing, you can wave to your wife she will be sitting to your RIGHT at about 2 o'clock, about 100 yards(or so) away. When I was there it was busy never a crowded feel, when I return to Secret Harbour, I'm definitely taking my snorkel bag next time. Yes' I'm going to hang out on the beach but I'm snorkeling Secret Harbour, I saw those people on a large FLAT boat with zillions of those tank thingy's you guys use, THAT'S the way to do it.

That's kinda too serious for me I just pull up the fins, pull down the mask and start swimming it work's......kinda.😊

You need to call that dive shop and figure out what's up. Really, you can find the number to the shop and at least see what's available and if it's something you have an interest in doing. I don't do things like that but it looked like a lot of fun, but I'm going to try. Good luck Todd

23 hours ago, Lawag95 said:

Yes there are many dive options from STT, and AA Divers gets rave reviews from folks who have gone out in small groups with Sam & Dianne and the rest of the team.  They offer morning dives which may work for you. 

https://www.aadivers.com/

You aren’t going to Tortola are you? The islands of the BVI offer some of the best snorkeling and diving in the Carib.

[EDIT] No, the dive groups are typically smaller.

Note they also offer a snorkel daysail to the cays off STJ, that is one of the better snorkel options for St John, certainly much better than snorkeling Trunk...

Edited by blue_water

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2019 at 7:28 PM, beautifulbill said:

Maybe if you have limited snorkel experience you will be impressed with the Trunk snorkel trail but if you have done lots of snorkeling and diving you will be disappointed. Trunk is a nice beach but there is much better snorkeling elsewhere. 

We are experienced snorkelers and we were also disappointed in the "snorkel trail" - signs were hard to read and we didn't see any more sea life there than other places.  What do you recommend for good snorkeling from the beach either on ST or SJ?

We are arriving  November 13th and don't dock until 10:00 am on Regal Princess( we also don't leave till 10:00 pm so we have a nice long day to enjoy the beaches) but a late start getting to the beaches.  There are two other ships in port that day ( Allure is one with 5000+ passengers and Carnival Conquest with 3000)  We will be docking at Havensight along with Conquest.

Thoughts on the best place to head for snorkeling?  We don't mind laying towels on the beach and don't require a lot of amenities - if any besides maybe a bathroom.

The restroom requirement eliminates the best choices for off-the-beach snorkeling on STJ so we’d look at STT. Not an extremely busy port day, but with your later arrival I would not suggest Coki or Secret Harbor. Sapphire would be our first thought...have read reports of good snorkeling in Cowpet  Bay (Elysian Beach) but don’t have any first-hand knowledge...I believe the beach bar is closed so not sure about public restrooms...

Edited by blue_water