Norwegian Star Venice port

xtrail

I am unsure of the exact dock, but it is the main cruise ship terminal in Venice.  The people mover will take you to the dock, where you can then easily make your way to the Star (you cant miss her). 

3 hours ago, xtrail said:

can someone tell me which dock/terminal the Norwegian Star dock at in Venice , I understand there are two. 😊

San Basilio is the one used by smaller vessels

Maritima is used by NCL and the one served by people mover

However there are several docking ports and depending on how many ships in port that day you can have quite a hike to the actual ship

• Like 1

There are several docking ports in Venice and you might not even know which one. Best to grab a taxi from Pz. Roma directly to the ship. Costs 20 euros, and it's worth it!

Walks are lengthy to the People Mover AND then from the PM to the ship. 

We did the 6/23 sailing there were 5 ships in port when we embarked I think Murphy was at play and we were the furthest ship, terminal 117 if memory serves me correct.    

I agree with earlier poster that walking to / from the people mover is a long walk if you got a lot of luggage. 

We splurged for a watertaxi from San Marco, pricey but a nice ride in, we came to terminal around 2pm, was nice as there was few crowds and word from the greeters was about 2K already had boarded.

Disembarkation was a total mess with lines snaking from Bliss lounge serpetining thru all the way back into the central Atrium, took us 45' from end of line to the single gangway disembarkation.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:44 PM, xtrail said:

can someone tell me which dock/terminal the Norwegian Star dock at in Venice , I understand there are two. 😊

Thank you for the info , staying at Carlton On The Grand 2 nights prior . Says you can walk to the PZ ROMA from the hotel.

You can walk to everything in Venice, but can you do it with luggage over a bridge? I did it with two kids and luggage and we used the people mover just fine, but keep in mind it isn't as easy as other places, as you may need to cross at least one if not two bridges to your hotel. FYI.

5 hours ago, xtrail said:

Thank you for the info , staying at Carlton On The Grand 2 nights prior . Says you can walk to the PZ ROMA from the hotel.

Yes, you can! We have twice stayed in Hotel Antiche Figure which is next door to your hotel, and it's an easy walk to Pz Roma (2 small/short bridges).

The taxis are close to the end of the 2nd bridge.