HAL's Early Booking Bonus Promotion

TAD2005

Just logged into the HAL website, and the initial splash landing screen features their Early Booking Bonus.  (EBB).  If you click on it to see what cruises are included in this promotion, you first are prompted to "Hurry, this offer ends soon" !!!    However, below that there is the message that "This offer expires on June 30, 2019". Today is July 3.

I understand that HAL probably contracts out their website to an IT company.   But any company that spends lots of money on a website is the one that is ultimately responsible for its content.  I'm sure if you would call HAL and ask for a cruise with the EBB, you would the told "Sorry that promotion has expired".  If you press the issue because they are still promoting it in THEIR website, you will get the usual company line "Holland America is not responsible for errors and omissions on their website".

Nice cop-out, but it would be nice if companies took responsibility for what is being displayed in their names.

Edited by TAD2005

38 minutes ago, VennDiagram said:

I wonder if you are seeing a cached copy of the HAL website.  I got one that is something like "One week sale" not the prior one that you are seeing.

I agree, I'm not seeing the Early Booking promo on the HAL website now.

But I'm real interested in the one week sale.....

I just checked tonight.  I still have the Early Booking Bonus on the landing page.  So I hit <ctrl> F5, which forces a reload of the home page from the website and bypasses any caching.  I still get the EBB.  I am using the US site.   When I bring up one of the cruises that was associated earlier with EBB and the included SBP and PG dinner, that pricing information is now gone, and the usual info is there.  The only mention of the EBB is on the initial landing page.   Drilling down further, all reference is gone.