Yet one more question about Club Orange

kstrittm

If I understand correctly, the Nieuw Amsterdam has already implemented (or will soon) the concept.  I am wondering if the program eliminates fixed seating times.  I'm booked for fixed early dining on an upcoming trip.  Is this program similar to Princess where the participants can do "any time dining" in that part of the dining room?  I'm just trying to look for positives here...  I have been on several Princess trips that do this, and it is nice to be able to get a table for 2 at any time.  Also, just one woman's opinion, I think the service is a tad better in the reserved area (faster because the servers only have a couple of tables).  The additional item on the menu is usually "meh" on Princess, but basically it isn't as bad as many people have been fearing.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kstrittm said:

If I understand correctly, the Nieuw Amsterdam has already implemented (or will soon) the concept.  I am wondering if the program eliminates fixed seating times.  I'm booked for fixed early dining on an upcoming trip.  Is this program similar to Princess where the participants can do "any time dining" in that part of the dining room?  I'm just trying to look for positives here...  I have been on several Princess trips that do this, and it is nice to be able to get a table for 2 at any time.  Also, just one woman's opinion, I think the service is a tad better in the reserved area (faster because the servers only have a couple of tables).  The additional item on the menu is usually "meh" on Princess, but basically it isn't as bad as many people have been fearing.

Ijust got off the Nieuw Amsterdam this past week.  Club Orange had NOT been implemented.

I hope once CO is implemented on the non Pinnacle ships, people do report on how it works.  

We have a fixed dining time booked and plan on eating with friends. (Reservations are linked).   If Club Orange eliminates fixed dining times for those in Neptune Suites, we'll be up the creek so to speak.  We might have to change our cabin to a Signature Suite to get the dining we want.

I will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam, but not until October. I sure hope, with the report from Himself, it means that it may never happen.  That was the info I got from my PCC.  A girl can hope, right?

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I hope once CO is implemented on the non Pinnacle ships, people do report on how it works.  

We have a fixed dining time booked and plan on eating with friends. (Reservations are linked).   If Club Orange eliminates fixed dining times for those in Neptune Suites, we'll be up the creek so to speak.  We might have to change our cabin to a Signature Suite to get the dining we want.

They liked if you chose a fixed dining time but it wasn’t necessary.

10 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

They liked if you chose a fixed dining time but it wasn’t necessary.

thanks.  🙂My friends won't be in Club Orange - so I want to keep my MDR fixed dining time with them.  I'll be on a Vista ship so it's just a screened off area in the MDR.  Nothing exciting to me.

If I can keep my fixed dining time, it will be all be good.

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

thanks.  🙂My friends won't be in Club Orange - so I want to keep my MDR fixed dining time with them.  I'll be on a Vista ship so it's just a screened off area in the MDR.  Nothing exciting to me.

If I can keep my fixed dining time, it will be all be good.

Ah, I get it.  I can’t imagine a scenario where they would refuse where you choose to eat.  You’ve got to eat somewhere!

2 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Ah, I get it.  I can’t imagine a scenario where they would refuse where you choose to eat.  You’ve got to eat somewhere!

and, we are supposed to have preferred dining.  Mine just happens to be main at a nice table in the MDR. 😉. Thanks again.

We'll see how this thing rolls out.  I think it sounds interesting on the ships with a room for it (although I do like breakfast in the PG) but on the other ships, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The PG is much nicer place for breakfast than the MDR on a Vista ship IMO.

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

and, we are supposed to have preferred dining.  Mine just happens to be main at a nice table in the MDR. 😉. Thanks again.

We'll see how this thing rolls out.  I think it sounds interesting on the ships with a room for it (although I do like breakfast in the PG) but on the other ships, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The PG is much nicer place for breakfast than the MDR on a Vista ship IMO.

I am not a fan of the MDR so I am very interested to see how they pull this together.  The last 3 cruises we have eaten in the PG instead.  That’s how much I dislike it.  (December’s cruise was in CO on the Koningsdam.)  If HAL does a good job of CO on the rest of the ships I will definitely take advantage of it.

It seems to me that Club Orange is an idea conceived to offer more amenities to those who are not in a Neptune or Pinnacle suite. Surely HAL can’t think that suite guests who’ve experience the PG for breakfast will be just as pleased to eat in the MDR, even if the PG wait-staff is there. I suppose it could be argued that the Pinnacle ships with their stand-alone, private room and onsite grill provide a reasonable tradeoff for the PG breakfast, but certainly not on the other ships with shared space in the MDR.    It would seem to make more sense to continue the PG breakfast for certain suite guests and to market the CO as another fee-based dining option.

On the Koningsdam and the Nieuw Statendam, Club Orange has their own grill.  I don't think there is a space for this on the other ships.   IMO they would be smart not to implement CO on the older Vista and Signature Ships. The Koningsdam had a culinary Arts space with farm to table dining.  When HAL went to America's Test Kitchen  That program ceased. Now the dedicated space would not work for the Test Kitchen so they came up with Club Orange.  Any non Suite Guest can join Club Orange for $ 50

American dollars a day.  There are perks other than eating in Club Orange. You get priority tender boarding without a Tener Ticket an d you get the same disembark prvileges as do Neptune and Signature suite passengers. I think they should keep this to the Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam and Ryndam and future builds.  I would keep the Pinnacle Breakfast for Signature and Neptune Suite Passengers and give the Club Orange facility to those who join Club Orange. .  

19 hours ago, Himself said:

Ijust got off the Nieuw Amsterdam this past week.  Club Orange had NOT been implemented.

Thank you for clarifying...  I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens for my September cruise.

4 hours ago, Himself said:

I would keep the Pinnacle Breakfast for Signature and Neptune Suite Passengers and give the Club Orange facility to those who join Club Orange. .  

I dont think Signature suites qualify for PG breakfast.  It's only Neptune and Pinnacle.