Fabric Refreshers

On 7/19/2019 at 6:12 PM, islandgirlejfan said:

OK....so I tried this tonight.  My husband and I go to a diner near our home on occasion and as soon as I walked out, even in our oppressive heat, I could smell the food in my clothing.  I decided when I got home, I would make a bottle up and spray it on my clothes....and this is in a word, AMAZING!  I did 1:1 on the ratios and the food odors pretty much dissipated.  I have to say this is exactly what I was thinking and it's a cheap fix!  Even if you don't drink, you could get a miniature of vodka at the liquor store to make it up for your clothing.  

I’m so happy to hear this worked for you!  I can’t wait to try it.  

• Like 2

On 7/6/2019 at 7:22 AM, islandgirlejfan said:

First off, I did try to search this question out.  I am finding the search tool not as helpful as what it was on the old forum.  At any rate, if it's been talked about, please forgive me.  I got tired of trying to find what I want.

Friends, hubby and I booked a cruise in Europe for next year and the first part of our tour will begin in Venice, take us to Rome for a few days, then off on our cruise and ending in Barcelona where we will head home.  We will be living roughly 2 weeks in a carry on.  I know it can be done and I will have more questions later about dress as I come to them and mine are definitely going to come from a plus sized perspective! =P  Having lived in Europe I do have a clue of how it is, but for now I'm thinking of how I am lightening my load and the nice thing is, I have a year to give it lots of thought and what I really need to pack!  

That brings me to my initial question....I have always found Downey Fabric Refreshers almost nauseating in scent, almost to the point I feel it overwhelms my perfume when I've sprayed my clothing with it.  I personally think it's very strong.  Does anyone have any suggestions for ones that are not as overwhelming or one that they make that's safe on their fabrics?  I'm looking at one from the Laundress in particular, but I'm open to anything.....I just don't want to be overwhelmed with scent.  If you have had experience with this one from the Laundress, I would like to hear your thoughts about it as well or others that might be out there for purchase.  I don't mind being Suzy Homemaker and making one if someone has some ideas as well.  

https://www.thelaundress.com/fabric-fresh-classic-2fl-oz.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwjYHpBRC4ARIsAI-3GkG-0kBv8q5vQFpFIzZ4OsUeTaG8ZiLIboQ_I8PBBHZV1YtTNAlZqn4aAqgZEALw_wcB

Febreeze just came out with some new fabric refreshers today.  Not sure what they smell like.

Edited by awhcruiser