Any body watch ABC Prime Time Overboard?

jakedoc

Unfortunately I missed the show and the fear factor of cruising the media is portraying. IMO I hope they re-run this show weekly. Let's face it, if people scare that easily over taking a cruise then the prices will drop drastically and the rest of us can start doing back to backs. Somehow people check their common sense at the gangway and think the cruiseline is their babysitter for the week. I have many friends from so many cruises that work for X and hear a lot of inside info, you would not believe the stupidity of the passengers. Again it all comes to people taking responsibility for themselves.

My favorite Robert Heinlein quote is "Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."

Here is another:

"Stupidity cannot be cured with money, or through education, or by legislation. Stupidity is not a sin, the victim can't help being stupid. But stupidity is the only universal capital crime; the sentence is death, there is no appeal, and execution is carried out automatically and without pity."

Another factor to consider...Until they discover who actually committed the crime, it is important for the authorites, as well as the cruise line, not to disclose everything they know. That way if someone reveals details of that crime while being questioned, that are not public knowledge, the authorities realize that person is somehow involved. Unfortunately, in this day and age of too much information, the general public frequently confuses being discrete while an investigation is still taking place with being secretive, and Primetime capitalized on this when they aired that show.

The Primetime type shows succeed as long as, 1.) the topic has broad appeal, and, 2.) most viewers don't have in-depth knowledge of the topic. (Present company excluded). This was a classic case.

These shows loose me once they feature stretched facts, or incorrect or misleading film clips. I just can't trust them for accurate content.

For example, did you note that the Primetime episode repeatedly walked down the passageway and entered into the "scene-of-the-crime" staterooms on both the X and RCI ships, when in fact, the shots were actually filmed on a Carnival ship?

I think it's time that Primetime/Dateline/20-20 do investigative repports on themselves.

Claude: Please read the WHOLE thread before replying. You'd have seen the apologies and figured out who was kidding and all.

And folks, it's OBVIOUS why the media has jumped on this:

No big Norovirus incidents this winter. They HAVE to poop on passtimes that people enjoy, that's what the media DOES.

If it wasn't Noro or jumpers, they'd be telling us the mysterious green light in the toilets causes gout.

Okay, did anyone catch the fact that the guy who spent 17 hrs in water was traveling with another friend? So what action did the friend on board take when his buddy shows up missing? :confused:

Wesley

Okay, did anyone catch the fact that the guy who spent 17 hrs in water was traveling with another friend? So what action did the friend on board take when his buddy shows up missing? :confused:

Wesley

One drunk didn't miss another drunk...not much of a mystery.

Archived