Balcony Cabin - Sail Away

thesmiths

There is also a big difference of being on a top deck in contrast to being on the Lido deck with the sailaway party.  IMO, the lido deck can be just as restricted or closed in as a balcony view, while being on a top deck gives much more freedom to roam around and enjoy a 360 degree view.

FWIW, I haven't experienced a sunrise in over a year at sea ( 50+ cruises).  Can't stay up that late any more!  And waking up at 7:30AM on debarkation day is a struggle as it is, wouldn't want to set the alarm any earlier!

On 7/9/2019 at 12:47 PM, dmet0225 said:

It depends on the port and whether the scenery is any good from my balcony.  I've never once gone to the Lido deck for sail away, as I'd prefer to watch the scenery while leaving rather than the loud music and the dancing.  If I'm not on my balcony, I will be on one of the "secret decks" at the front of the ship.

For us, we go up to the Panorama deck and wave to the people on the shore while the loud music and dancing is going on behind us.  That's what puts us in the right frame of mind that we are on a cruise and those on land aren't.  😁