tokens vs one day pass

Edhoff

One day pass $19 vs $10 for two may ferry ride, token to Caves $3.5, token to Aquarium from Caves $3.5, Token back to catch Ferry $3.50 (total $20.50) but all day pass gives me other options if I change plans.  Thanks in advance

57 minutes ago, Edhoff said:

One day pass $19 vs $10 for two may ferry ride, token to Caves $3.5, token to Aquarium from Caves $3.5, Token back to catch Ferry $3.50 (total $20.50) but all day pass gives me other options if I change plans.  Thanks in advance

I assume you are taking the ferry to St. George's with those $3.50 bus token fares. Ferry rides are $4.50 if you buy tokens so $9 not $10. So $19.50 total. With all those planned stops I personally would buy the pass, an additional $.50 for convienience, and the option to add another stop. 

Edited by Charles4515

11 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I assume you are taking the ferry to St. George's with those $3.50 bus token fares. Ferry rides are $4.50 if you buy tokens so $9 not $10. So $19.50 total. With all those planned stops I personally would buy the pass, an additional $.50 for convienience, and the option to add another stop. 

So if we are going to ferry to St. George, bus to Clearwater Beach, and ferry back to port what would we be looking at?   Is it $3.50 to hop on the bus regardless of how far you are going (plus $9 for the ferry) or would we be better off getting an all day pass?  Would there be other places in the area we may want to take a bus to while we were there or could we see everything on foot?  We aren't planning on doing the caves or anything, just want to walk around St. George and see whatever there is to see there.  We looked at an island tour today, but it didn't go to any of the beaches and was $90.  It may have been nice, but not worth the money to us when it appears we can wonder around on our own so much cheaper.  You've been very helpful in this forum.  Thank you!

And we keep flip flopping on attending Harbor Nights.  I make up my mind to go and then someone will say what a waste of time it is, so we decide to skip it.  Then someone else will say how amazing it was and they look forward to doing it while they are in Bermuda.  Sigh!  So many decisions, so little time in Bermuda.  (2 1/2 days)

21 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Didn’t catch one mistake. Tokens are either $2.75 for shorter rides or $4.50 for longer. $3.50 is the cash fare. If you are going from St. George’s then your tokens to the caves will be $2.75, caves to aquarium $2.75, aquarium back to St. George’s ferry $4.50. So $19 total. 

Edited by Charles4515

10 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

So if we are going to ferry to St. George, bus to Clearwater Beach, and ferry back to port what would we be looking at?   Is it $3.50 to hop on the bus regardless of how far you are going (plus $9 for the ferry) or would we be better off getting an all day pass?  Would there be other places in the area we may want to take a bus to while we were there or could we see everything on foot?  We aren't planning on doing the caves or anything, just want to walk around St. George and see whatever there is to see there.  We looked at an island tour today, but it didn't go to any of the beaches and was $90.  It may have been nice, but not worth the money to us when it appears we can wonder around on our own so much cheaper.  You've been very helpful in this forum.  Thank you!

And we keep flip flopping on attending Harbor Nights.  I make up my mind to go and then someone will say what a waste of time it is, so we decide to skip it.  Then someone else will say how amazing it was and they look forward to doing it while they are in Bermuda.  Sigh!  So many decisions, so little time in Bermuda.  (2 1/2 days)

There are 14 zones of about 2 miles each. A three zone token is $2.75. A 3 zone cash fare is $3.50 in coins. Going more than 3 zones requires a 14 zone token which is $4.50 or $5 exact change in coins. The bus token  from St.George to Clearwater will be $2.75. So if you took the ferries to St. George’s and back and a bus from the St. George’s to Clearwater and back your total will be $14.50 with tokens. The bus is the #6 and only runs to Clearwater every hour.  A taxi will probably run $10 to $12 each way depending if you go from the ferry terminal or the town square. There may also be minibuses that cost $7 per person. 

I plan to go to Clearwater in August, my plan is to take a taxi or minibus to Clearwater.  For the return I will keep my options open. If there is a taxi or minibus will take that. If a bus comes first will take that. I will have $3.50 in coins in case we take the bus. 

Harbour Nights is something you can decide on the fly. It is not a waste of time in my opinion but it is not a must do either. I like seeing the art and talking to the artists. I also like watching the Gombey dancers. A few weeks ago I got back late from Horseshoe and decided to skip it. Usually I get to Horseshoe earlier than I did that day so leave Horseshoe earlier. If I got back earlier I might have went. In August we will be docked in St.George and I don’t plan to go. I don’t think it is necessary to be OCD about daily activities in Bermuda. Have a general idea but be flexible. 

Edited by Charles4515

39 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

Thanks for the clarification!  So if we take a minibus or taxi we can avoid buying tickets/tokens/pass and just pay cash?

Yes, taxis and minibuses are privately operated and take cash, USD. They don’t take tokens or transportation passes.